Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Dog Park Campaign

Options
  • 05-11-2013 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Meeting 8pm The Beach House tonight 5th November

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

some explanation of what the campaign want would be useful...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

loyatemu wrote: »
    some explanation of what the campaign want would be useful...

There is a campaign for a dog park for Greystones. Facebook page set up. The meeting tonight is the second meeting to assess support and put a campaign together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

What is a dog park? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Cerco wrote: »
    What is a dog park? :confused:

A dog park is an area which is fenced off where you can let your dogs run freely in a safe environment. There is a dog park in Cabinteely Park and is used by lots of people and their dogs.
    It is a great idea. Good luck with your campaign.
    http://www.petchums.com/pet-community/groups/viewdiscussion/30-Marleys+Off+The+Leash+Dog+Park+proves+a+great+success?groupid=30

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Does this though mean that dogs are not allowed elsewhere?
    We have already seen a restriction from the South beach during certain months...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Taltos wrote: »
    Does this though mean that dogs are not allowed elsewhere?
    We have already seen a restriction from the South beach during certain months...
    I would certainly support it if this was the case. Back from a walk around the seafront and it is disgracefully littered with dog faeces.
    In relation to the dog park I just wonder how it would work if all animals are let off the leads surely there would be mayhem. Bigger dogs attacking smaller ones etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

schmel22 wrote: »
    Meeting 8pm The Beach House tonight 5th November

How did the meeting go, was there a good attendance?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    How did the meeting go, was there a good attendance?

I got stuck at work, but I'm dying to hear.
    Dog parks are really successful and facilitate all types of dogs an opportunity to socialize off lead. Marley park, Shanganagh park and The park in Cabinteely are great examples.

The argument is that if we get a dog park that dogs won't be allowed elsewhere, but they pushed through the summer ban from off lead on the beach so it would be fun to have an area elsewhere for them.

As for the feaces debate, well that will rage on! I totally despise irresponsible dog owners - but that for another thread, many Ive seen previously

Check out the Greystones Dog Park Campaign FB page and sign the petition if you are so inclined

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Cerco wrote: »
    I would certainly support it if this was the case. Back from a walk around the seafront and it is disgracefully littered with dog faeces.
    In relation to the dog park I just wonder how it would work if all animals are let off the leads surely there would be mayhem. Bigger dogs attacking smaller ones etc.

This is such a misnomer. My big dog was attacked the other week by an aggressive Jack Russell. Terrifying experience and the owner did not give a monkeys. I'm still nervous from it.

As for dog parks they generally are great for giving the dogs a run and play. I've never seen any incidents and any dogs that are not "ok" around other dogs are not brought in, in my experience. I use Shankhill on a regular basis and it's great for the owners to have a good old chat about their no1 passion - DOGS!

Advertisement