Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 FPS Drops

Options
  • 05-11-2013 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Aside from the crashes, disconnects, poor netcode, etc. Are any of ye guys seeing some crazy FPS drops??? Playing Obliteration on Operation Locker last night with settings as High, I was getting 80-110 FPS with occasional drops to about 50 FPS and straight back up to 80-90. The Zavod 311 map brought it to the lowest I've seen so far which was about 40 FPS. Anyone else seeing these mad drops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Does it still run smooth though as i get around the same high/low frames without noticing the frame drops.
    Lots of explosions will make the frames drop which is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

During a 20 min game it will run smooth for about 75% of the time but the frame drops obviously affect it. I used to notice the same in BF3 for certain maps like Seine Crossing but it was fixed in a later patch.

I even tried turning down the settings to medium and low but the frame drops are still there too.

What Cpu and Gpu do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

I've never had this problem, but some of the ShoX lads tried this "unparking cores" malarky (see xFactors video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkfIFP0g2xY) and have said its made a huge difference to them.

Would recommend, on their behalf, that you take a look.

game4it70 wrote: »
    What Cpu and Gpu do you have?

i5 3570K @ 3.4 GHz (Still gotta overclock this)
    EVGA GTX 670
    8 GB RAM
    Win 7 64-bit

• Advertisement

i5 3570K @ 3.4 GHz (Still gotta overclock this)
    EVGA GTX 670
    8 GB RAM
    Win 7 64-bit

Are you using the recommended Nvidia drivers for bf4?
    Afaik there were some problems with Nvidia users and bf4.

If you have the right drivers you should try that unparking cores program in the video that Nologogo posted.Its worked well for some people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No fps issues at all, only issues for me are the crashing,sound bug and dodgy netcode.
    Only! he says :rolleyes:

I am using the latest drivers but I haven't tried the unparking yet. A coupe of questions about that actually:

Is it easy to reverse the unparking and does it affect an overclocked CPU?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I fixed my FPS issues I was getting.....by buying a 780GTX :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I'm getting FPS issues on some maps when I'm Scoped on sniper rifle, it can get really bad sometimes, I have an i5 3570 3.4 8gb RAM and a HD7850 2GB not OC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I fixed my FPS issues I was getting.....by buying a 780GTX :p

That's shocking would you not go 780 ti or 290 x tut tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

With the recent server fixes i went back up to Ultra and getting 70fps steady with drops every now and again.

Set everything to max and work my way back down :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Richie6904 wrote: »
    That's shocking would you not go 780 ti or 290 x tut tut tut

Was cheap enough compared to the other two. Don't want a reference 290x either & no one knows when the non reference cards will be out so I just said feck it & got this.

Advertisement