Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle Match Thread

Options
  • 05-11-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

First time over in a long time, flying in sat heathrow, collecting
    Thomas cook tickets sun am between 9 and 10, match at 12, back from stansted at 5.55. Now see from another thread (many thanks) bus only back to stansted - just curious to know how long bus takes and is Tottenham hale the best or only place to get it? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

If you can get to Liverpool st there are very frequesnt buses going to stanstead, at least four every hour or more. Take no more than an hr too depending on traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Lofty0990 wrote: »
    First time over in a long time, flying in sat heathrow, collecting
    Thomas cook tickets sun am between 9 and 10, match at 12, back from stansted at 5.55. Now see from another thread (many thanks) bus only back to stansted - just curious to know how long bus takes and is Tottenham hale the best or only place to get it? Many thanks

As far as I know the replacement buses do not stop at Hale so you will have to get back to Liverpool St. This won't add too much time to your journey, jump on the train at White Hart Lane station and will bring you to Liverpool street. The bus from Liverpool St. will take about an hour, been a long time since I have done it so not 100% sure on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Lofty0990

Many thanks for all that. Good to know . Staying in a Thomas Cook gaff in Camden Lock and they say we need to collect tickets between 9 and 10 . Just wondering how mental all of that is going to be at that hour of the morning?

Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

presume we can use this thread as match thread - can someone change the title ?

We need to win this one at WHL , we all know how hard we find it to score at home but hopefully newcastle will go for the win and it will be an open game. however i would say 9 out of 10 teams coming to the lane now will play a tight boring game and try catch us on the break.

I really want to see eriksen for this one as he is more creative than holtby

lloris

walker vlad dawson verts

lennon dembele paulinho lamela

eriksen

soldado

we will most likely see the usual though, with lennon and townsend on the wrong wings and lamela not getting any time at all and holtby running all over the pitch and not making one through pass to soldado.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I'd prefer to see Siggy for lennon with lamela on the right. hehas goals in his game and gets into dangerous areas in the box. One man in the box is too easy to defend against.

• Advertisement

GS11 wrote: »
    I'd prefer to see Siggy for lennon with lamela on the right. hehas goals in his game and gets into dangerous areas in the box. One man in the box is too easy to defend against.

Well eriksen should be in there too. I do agree that siggy has goals in his game, he tested the keeper against Everton and he was only on the pitch 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

True, I just feel we don't get enough bodies in the box, Paulinho does get in there a bit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Most likely team, Lloris Walker Daws Roma Jan Sandro Paul Lennon Andy Holtby Soldado. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Have a good feeling about this one..
    Think with the harder fixtures we'll come up against teams that wont be willing to park the bus, so im expecting a run of goals from Soldado...
    Us to score 3 - 4 goals and Soldier Bob to get a deuce!
    :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Always look forward to this fixture, one of the more entertaining games with some very memorable goals down the years. I'd say they'll stick with two up top, plenty of ariel duels to be fought out.

I've a soft spot for Newcastle. There erratic. I haven't seen us play well for 90 minutes, I don't really expect that to change come Sunday.

Strachan made a few good points last night, passing for the sake of it with no end product sums us up so far.

• Advertisement

Win tomorrow and we go 3rd!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

mickman wrote: »
    Win tomorrow and we go 3rd!!

Joint 2nd mick;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

I think that's getting a bit old now. Or maybe not. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Newcastle have conceded 11 goals on their travels out of their total against of 16. However we've only scored 5 out of our (poxy) total of 9 at home. We are 7th in the form league Newcastle are 13th. I predict a score draw unfortunately.:( Hope im wrong!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭gibbon6

AVB always picks those who perform well in Europe and Lamela was super on Thursday. He will be our big weapon to get goals against the unsuspecting Toons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

gibbon6 wrote: »
    AVB always picks those who perform well in Europe and Lamela was super on Thursday. He will be our big weapon to get goals against the unsuspecting Toons.

shhhhhhhhhh, they could be reading this thread.

Counting down the minutes to kick off ..same result as last season will do

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Does anybody else feel gutted when we concede these days? Like on Thursday night, I was very disappointed that we gave away a goal and lost our clean sheet record, it pretty much made me forget we'd got three points and qualified.

I think a clean sheet is becoming a basic expectation of mine these days.... Which isn't a bad thing. :)

Friedel walker daws verts chiriches paulinho dembele siggy Townsend eriksen soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gomes on the bench.

Abandon hope.

• Advertisement

Worried about brad , has been poor this season

Lloris was happy to play , let the man play !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gomes is so bad, he could cost us the game while still sitting on the subs bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, im surprised Lloris isn't playing. Wouldn't say i'd be worried with Brad, but he's no where near as agile as Lloris, and doesn't work as well as a sweeper keeper. Still though, better Brad then Gomes.

Looking forward to the game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, im surprised Lloris isn't playing. Wouldn't say i'd be worried with Brad, but he's no where near as agile as Lloris, and doesn't work as well as a sweeper keeper. Still though, better Brad then Gomes.

As you say, our high line defence works well because Lloris us so dependable at sweeping. With Brad there it could cause a lot of confusion at the back. Which is very worrying.

I think we'll have to score at least 2, if not 3, if we want to win this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

townsend starting=no supply to soldado=very frustrated 30 million euro striker

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

a bit worried about lorris absence myself but brad is still a great shot stopper... lots of communication needed today .

coys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Dawson caught napping, Vlad to the rescue

ahhhh highline my ass! brad aint able

again daws get a grip man.balls balls 1nil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

If ever there was a goal to define against the run of play it was that one.

Advertisement