Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Not a bad move sig for Defoe. I'm not too sure that Lamela would have the right impact in a game like this whereas Defoe might stand a better chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

irishmover wrote: »
    Not a bad move sig for Defoe. I'm not too sure that Lamela would have the right impact in a game like this whereas Defoe might stand a better chance.

With 2 up front there is more of chance to score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Townsend is a greedy wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Awful stuff from Townsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

we are kinda fizzling out.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Can Townsend please be taken off????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You have to be on fire to fizzle out...

THFC wrote: »
    Can Townsend please be taken off????

No subs left

Kiith wrote: »
    You have to be on fire to fizzle out...
    lol! that's true so what would you call it when you've been crap for a while sorta looked half decent for ten mins and then finished off worse than you started?

No subs left

I'm aware of that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

We look like a mid table team at best. If we make top 6 this season I'll be impressed. Never look like scoring. It's depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

krul has been top class, motm

THFC wrote: »
    I'm aware of that...
    ha ha we'd be better off with 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I said it last week and ill ssy it again. We will be lucky to finish it the top six this season. We sre dire

off the bar!

I'm so fcuking frustrated, but in fairness we could easily have had 3-4 goals today. Eriksen, Paulinho and Kaboul had easy chances. A few other chances could easily have resulted in goals also.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Can't help but feel Willian would have scored by now. Not sure its sunk it with all fans how massive a failure that was by our transfer committee.

Xlami wrote: »
    Can't help but feel Willian would have scored by now. Not sure its sunk it with all fans how massive a failure that was by our transfer committee.

Krul would have saved it

Xlami wrote: »
    avb would probably have him on the bench the way lamella is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

ha good man dawson!

• Advertisement

Yeh I think that on another day and with Lloris in goal we would have easily won this game 3 or 4-0.

Krul has played out of his skin. Newcastle have rode their luck today.

worse case scenario from today united and city win and we go 8th! holy ****!:mad:

irishmover wrote: »
    Yeh I think that on another day and with Lloris in goal we would have easily won this game 3 or 4-0.

Krul has played out of his skin. Newcastle have rode their luck today.
    lol have you forgotten about the first half? we were shocking! yeah krul done very well today but we have been terrible. we cant keep saying the other team were lucky we need to look at our own problems.

What was the point in bringing Defoe on, he did nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Few things we learned today

Lloris is the main reason for our good defensive record this season

We don't have a good enough number 10 . Holtby not creative enough and eriksen is showing why no big clubs went in for him

Townsend is missing a brain

tom1ie wrote: »
    lol have you forgotten about the first half? we were shocking! yeah krul done very well today but we have been terrible. we cant keep saying the other team were lucky we need to look at our own problems.

Shocking in the first half? No they weren't. Over sensationalizing your claim just because AVB didn't play exactly how you wanted is silly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Congrats to Newcastle firstly.

Slight improvement in the 2nd half, but too little, too late as Keane would say. We've played enough games now and little has changed? Either the system isn't working or the players aren't? So focking change it?

Why are we so afraid to play two up front now and then, and not when were chasing games. The supposed superstar midfield line up has under performed, all of them! They look clueless, zero leadership. There's no magic.

Were like two dogs riding where one gets it's dick stuck, unleash the dick AVB. Unleash the dick....

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

mickman wrote: »
    Few things we learned today

Lloris is the main reason for our good defensive record this season

We don't have a good enough number 10 . Holtby not creative enough and eriksen is showing why no big clubs went in for him

Townsend is missing a brain

and dawson should not be in of central defense, hes a liability

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I need to stop staying up and watching these games. So bloody frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

66% Possession
    31 shots
    14 on target
    11 Corners

8 headless chickens

Advertisement