Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

irishmover wrote: »
    Shocking in the first half? No they weren't. Over sensationalizing your claim just because AVB didn't play exactly how you wanted is silly!

Yes we were rubbish in the first half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

I'm laughing at the majority on here raving about Townsend..maybe now you will all realise he's ****e

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

66% Possession
    31 shots
    14 on target
    11 Corners

8 headless chickens

That kind of makes me feel ill :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

It's not working, strange choices, only one man to blame and it's not Krul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Spurs yet to beat anyone of any note

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Utter utter garbage. This ****e is indefensable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Shocking in the first half? No they weren't. Over sensationalizing your claim just because AVB didn't play exactly how you wanted is silly!
    you sir need to get your rose tinted glasses off. We are just not good enough at the minute there is no point saying the other team this or the other team that game after game. Its down to our team and management to get the results and at the minute that's not happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Always wondered why Ericksen went for so cheap, think I got my answer today.

Lloris' absence has also showed how important he is to us.

Dawson has shown that he is still not a top class CB.

Townsend is a clown. No footballing intelligence to the man, he just fcuking runs like a headless chicken. Would be very good at a lower level team.

We're still not getting Soldado into the game. Every time I see him I think he's capable of scoring a few, but he is getting absolutely no service.

And if anything, we are still missing Modric and vdV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

tom1ie wrote: »
    worse case scenario from today united and city win and we go 8th! holy ****!:mad:

Well, at least it will bring a bit of reality to the situation and bring an end to all the 'best start ever', "joint second place" nonsense that we have been fooling ourselves with for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

We can finger point all day long. The headlines will read a super performance Krul performance denied all 3 points.

However if I was to join in with the finger pointing. Soldado was absolute muck. Not cutting the mustard at all. Worried about this season if he's leading the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think today's performance suggests Sandro and Lloris have to be the first two names on every team sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

pure muck got exactly what our shocking 1st half deserved..Should have played Lorris ,Brad is past it ..

disaster of a weekend for us.. up to manu now to cheer me up a little & that aint easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Krul was made to look good by the volume of shots 11 out of 14 were directly at him.

****ing garbage... 4-2-3-1 just doesn't work with soldado as a lone striker especially at home, need to start playing to his strengths on the ground rather then lumping in awful crosses to him.

Townsend should have been taken off, we bought lamela for 26 million for Christ sake at what stage do we play him ? Until he learns English ? Bulks up ? Throw him in it could hardly get much worse.... Townsends had 42 shots in the premier league with 1 going in.

Lennons been one of our best players over the past few years, he might not score the most but he can change a game.

I'm a big AVB fan but sometimes especially on days like today it's as if he's afraid to mix it up to go for the win

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

I'm laughing at the majority on here raving about Townsend..maybe now you will all realise he's ****e

when he actually ran down the wing, he had 2 or 3 crosses which created opportunities. with the exception of those he was sh!te. he cuts in way to much and takes way too much long shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

you sir need to get your rose tinted glasses off. We are just not good enough at the minute there is no point saying the other team this or the other team that game after game. Its down to our team and management to get the results and at the minute that's not happening.

The way people are carrying on here is as if we're relegation strugglers. The performance today wasn't vintage Spurs but we controlled the game the entire match aside from the goal. Newcastle offered nothing. Stats clearly show that via possession and shots.

My only concern now is how much longer people are going to continue to defend Soldado and condemn everyone else at the club. I don't think it's just me who needs to take those rose tinted glasses off..

nipps wrote: »
    when he actually ran down the wing, he had 2 or 3 crosses which created opportunities. with the exception of those he was sh!te. he cuts in way to much and takes way too much long shots.

Rubbish..he runs around like a headless chicken..needs sending back to qpr IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Awful stuff, not good enough at the moment, avb needs to change the system and revert to soldado and Defoe/ Lamela upfront. It's too easy to defend against one striker when we do not have 3 attacking midfielders good enough to get in and support,
    Eriksen is becoming a worry ,sure he has good vision but final ball is hit and miss, there was a rumour of Pirlo earlier in the year, we should roll through broken glass to get the likes of him if available.
    Our cutting edge that bale brought is gone, replacements are not good enough( yet). From what we have seen so far the only hope we have of any kind of form reversal is Lamela .

The way people are carrying on here is as if we're relegation strugglers. The performance today wasn't vintage Spurs but we controlled the game the entire match aside from the goal. Newcastle offered nothing. Stats clearly show that via possession and shots.

My only concern now is how much longer people are going to continue to defend Soldado and condemn everyone else at the club. I don't think it's just me who needs to take those rose tinted glasses off..
    ?????????? your taking the piss right? Newcastle were the much better team in the first half. If you have a sky+ box please rewind and take a look. Soldado is pure class, look at his previous and the runs he makes for us and you will realise that. slating soldado is incredibly wide of the mark. The man needs service which he is ust not getting.

Soldado is not to blame for the system being wrong. Townsend is a championship player who thinks he's the new Bale. Eriksen had only 71% pass completion, not good enough. Defoe touched the ball twice when he came on. AVB is looking clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

Rubbish..he runs around like a headless chicken..needs sending back to qpr IMO

i've basically said he was crap except for those 2 moments. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

?????????? your taking the piss right? Newcastle were the much better team in the first half. If you have a sky+ box please rewind and take a look. Soldado is pure class, look at his previous and the runs he makes for us and you will realise that. slating soldado is incredibly wide of the mark. The man needs service which he is ust not getting.

I don't see how a team with 30% possession and 2 shots at goal could possibly translate to Newcastle being the better side in the first half.

I guess no amount of ****e performances will ever change your opinion of Soldado so I'll leave it at that.

I don't see how a team with 30% possession and 2 shots at goal could possibly translate to Newcastle being the better side in the first half.

I guess no amount of ****e performances will ever change your opinion of Soldado so I'll leave it at that.

Soldado is quality..getting no service forms the likes of Townsend..that's the prob

ok put it like this if rooney aguero or suarez never got passed the ball so that they could score would you call them **** or just not getting the right service?

A lone striker does not work when the wingers and no 10 offer nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Townsend is a work in progress, no doubt. His selection of what to do with the ball is poor in the main. I can understand fans getting on his back but he will improve. Lamella should be given the chance. We are all hurting with that result but it wasn't the worst performance in the world.

Now all thats left for me to do is buy a slab of cans and hopefully watch Man U beat The boys down the road.

If that fails (or even if its successful) LOUD music and beer always eases the blues.

We did not get the result we wanted or maybe even deserved but we are all Spurs fans and we love them, for better or worse.

TIL DEATH DO US FUKN PART!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

davycc wrote: »
    +1000 (we will score today btw i can feel it in my bones:cool:)

Calcium deficiency so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Soldado is definitely not the issue, it is the transition from possession consolidation to attack in the final third, it is too slow and too predictable
    Every team that plays us doubles or trebles up on Townsend or siggurdson/ Lennon when in final third because they get the chance to .

If there were 2 up top that's 2 cbs tied up, badly need rose back so we can attack from full back at pace on both wings from full back( verts not quick enough for this).

Width creates space in the middle, and stretches defenders concentrating on two front men even further, giving eriksen siggurdson paulinho or whoever some kind of space.

Dare I say it, bring back Ade.

AVB is making some strange decisions, Lamela plays well mid week and is left on the bench, Eriksen plays poor mid week and starts. Townsend does nothing week in week out and gets his place before Lennon who was amazing last year.

yeah avb should stop thinking hes this master tactician and just play his best 11 week in week out. he's believing his own hype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

something needs to change. krul just had 1 of those days.we probably wouldn't have scored if we were still there.paulinho seems to play much better with sandro.id put lennon on the right,siggy left and give lamela a go off soldado.townsend is headless and needs a spell on the bench.

Advertisement