Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The overall play is slow and sluggish like a big prozac slush puppy. I bet they sit around at half time drinking coco and reading Nancy Drew novels. Were kind of renowned for being an attacking side, we've always been shít defensively.

AVB is a very good manager, he's also young, naive and very stubborn. I wanna see the style of football Rednkapp had us playing under AVB's control.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Great to see you boys doing so well this season after the millions spent in the summer, how many goals have yee scored now from open play 2 or 3 is it, thank god for all those dodgy penalties:D

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Great to see you boys doing so well this season after the millions spent in the summer, how many goals have yee scored now from open play 2 or 3 is it, thank god for all those dodgy penalties:D

Yeah probably, thanks for stating the obvious. Way to turn the knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Only positive is we could only be 5 points behind league leaders come 6.15..negatives are both Manc clubs to come

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What a shocking result! I was playing golf so only caught the last 20 minutes and what I saw was a team of strangers trying to play together. There was no cohesion, players bumping into each other and losing the ball, the players we had so much hope for (Eriksen - I'm pointing my finger at you) being completely ineffective and it all resulting in a team that doesn't look like it knows what it's doing.

Really disappointing, and like the West Ham game it comes straight after a Europa League match and immediately before an international break. We've now lost at home to Newcastle and West Ham and at the moment we're all wondering when, if ever, it's going to click!!

From the 20 minutes I saw, Eriksen and Townsend were absolute muck and I think both need to take some time off on the bench Get Lamela in there - he's showing enough now to be considered for a PL start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

City away next. I reckon we will lose that one and then united at home which could go either way

I reckon we will have lost touch with the leaders by 1st January

We really need to get Lennon back on the right , and dare I say it 'adebayour' back in the fold

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I dont get all the love all of a sudden for Adebayor. Am I missing something. From what I can see I think Ade has lost interest in Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

FFS, we could and should have been only 2 points off the top of the table after today, but we can't put the bloody ball in the net!!

Glebee wrote: »
    I dont get all the love all of a sudden for Adebayor. Am I missing something. From what I can see I think Ade has lost interest in Spurs.

The midfield is so slow, there's no support coming. It's not Soldado's fault, Ade is better at keeping the ball. I'd play both up front, Soldado just looks more annoyed with each game. Worth a shot unless we spend another 100 million in January?

Avb says no 4-4-2 for the foreseeable future

• Advertisement

2 home wins like last season v west ham and newcastle and we'd be top now!!!..Avb needs to stop starting regulars in meanlingless Europa games like last thurs night ..how many regulars started last thurs for Christ sake?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

that solado is not good enough cant break down opposition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

starskey77 wrote: »
    that solado is not good enough cant break down opposition

What do you mean, he's hardly getting the ball. Defoe touched the ball twice when he came on. Eriksen had only 71% pass completion, thats not good enough I'm afraid. Townsend never passes, cuts inside and loses it. No balls coming in from the wing as both wingers go in. How is Soldado supposed to even get the ball to score?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

shamrock55 wrote: »

I wish I was 12 again. Then I could go on the internet and act like a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

abff wrote: »
    I wish I was 12 again. Then I could go on the internet and act like a child.

I would not be too worried about it, imagine if it was Arsenlol in our situation, we would not let them forget about it too quickly I guess

Glebee wrote: »
    I would not be too worried about it, imagine if it was Arsenlol in our situation, we would not let them forget about it too quickly I guess

That shamrock dude is a pool fan!!!..all giddy because he thinks they will win the league. They should concentrate on finishing above Everton first and winning the Liverpool league.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Sick.
    Crap result.
    Not good enough in the final third again.
    Once again going in to the break on a sour note.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Townsend is over hyped.
    He had 2 good games and both of them were for England.
    Its him who needs to be playing in the Europa league games NOT Lamela.Lets face it Lamela needs to start from now on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭gibbon6

Lamela was class on Thursday and should have started today.

Townsend is over hyped.
    He had 2 good games and both of them were for England.
    Its him who needs to be playing in the Europa league games NOT Lamela.Lets face it Lamela needs to start from now on

Give it over. He was quiet today, up to now, he has been our best player all season. Fcuk all said about another shocking performance from Dembele, the cost of the goal

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Give it over. He was quiet today, up to now, he has been our best player all season. Fcuk all said about another shocking performance from Dembele, the cost of the goal

If Townsend has been our best player we must be looking at different teams? Also paulinho was the cause of the goal.

If Townsend has been our best player we must be looking at different teams? Also paulinho was the cause of the goal.

Up to today, when nobody stood out, Townsend has been our most dangerous player, and Vert has been brilliant as always. Yes Paulinho pulled out of the tackle in a laughable manner, but who gave the ball away twice in that passage of play, look at it again, Dembele was terrible in he first half, and he's been ordinary at best all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hatch99 wrote: »

Really don't see how you can say that. We've 9 goals in 11 games, 7 clean sheets I think. Our best player has been either Lloris or Verts. Townsend has a lot to prove, he doesn't look intelligent at all. Certainly hasn't been anywhere near our best player all season, past 4-5 games he has been a bit shít tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lloris has definitely been our best player this year. At any hint of danger, he's out like a bullet and gets rid of it.

Now i don't blame Brad for the goal last night (it was mistake after mistake by our defense/midfield), but it wouldn't have happened like that with Lloris. He'd have been out and smothered the ball or put it in row z.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Townsend is definitely not out best player so far,I'm sick of him at this stage and his stupid shooting over the bar from all kind of angles,he thinks he's Gareth Bale!! time for AVB to drop him and give Lamela a chance.

Townsend did well in a couple of games. Now he thinks he is invincible

His cutting inside and losing the ball / inability to pass and addiction to shooting are a problem now .

Bench for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Is Townsend in the England squad?

Worryingly, if he is in the squad, he could play well I'm a poxy friendly against Chile. Thus get the usual British press hype and make it even harder for AVB to drop him. Let's hope Lamela scores a hat-trick for Argentina.

What's the dealio with Tom Carroll, last I heard he was back due to injury?

Townsend had done well, but has reverted to crazy shooting again. He does have the beating of his man, and can produce a decent cross. Surely it's down to the manager to convey that message?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Townsend is just becoming a one trick pony ... run down the wing cut in and shoot ... all the opposition defenders know whats going to happen.
    It would have been better of playing him (or Lamela) on the left and Lennon on the right ..some natural width to spread the play ... but no ..we try and condense everything into the middle.

Its getting tedious to watch and maybe AVB needs to sit up in the stands for a game and see the same as we all see it..

Midfield pairing should be (when fit) Sandro and Capoue .. my ideal team would be something like
    Hopefully now the international break will see a fully fit squad back for the Man Sh1tty game.

Advertisement