Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle Match Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Nothing has changed since day one of the new season when we couldn't break down Crystal Palace.

At this stage I don't think the manager gives a **** anymore as long as he is ultimately proved right on our style [or lack of] of play and tactics.

Our only good performances have been against Cardiff and Norwich. We are terrible to watch. Again I'll ask what the hell is Paulinho's function? I think we have signed a major dud here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

dembele was interviewed and was saying that he wasnt happy with being on the bench but more importantly he said that " the manager said he wants more defensive players in midfield"

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

golfball37 wrote: »
    Nothing has changed since day one of the new season when we couldn't break down Crystal Palace.

At this stage I don't think the manager gives a **** anymore as long as he is ultimately proved right on our style [or lack of] of play and tactics.

Our only good performances have been against Cardiff and Norwich. We are terrible to watch. Again I'll ask what the hell is Paulinho's function? I think we have signed a major dud here.

Paulinho should have been hauled off after that lame attempted tackle that lead to their goal. The manager should have gone through him at halftime but what did he do - took off the wrong cm.
    Where has Paulinhos energy gone? It looked like we signed a Lampard type player, someone who would get into the box, on the end of crosses etc but he looks knackered to me.
    Not too upset with yesterdays performance ( well second half anyway.) On another day we could have scored 3 or 4. At least we created chances yesterday to go along with all our possession, shots on target, corner stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Paulinho should have been hauled off after that lame attempted tackle that lead to their goal. The manager should have gone through him at halftime but what did he do - took off the wrong cm.
    Where has Paulinhos energy gone? It looked like we signed a Lampard type player, someone who would get into the box, on the end of crosses etc but he looks knackered to me.
    Not too upset with yesterdays performance ( well second half anyway.) On another day we could have scored 3 or 4. At least we created chances yesterday to go along with all our possession, shots on target, corner stats.

Paulinho was much improved in the second half and always plays better with Sandro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

What's the panic lads, we're joint 5th!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Only caught MOTD2 yesterday, looked to me like we had a fair crack at their goal but Krul played a blinder. One of those days?

On the positive side Arsenal, City and Chelsea all dropped points too.

On the negative side only Norwich and Palace have scored less goals than us meanwhile we've had more shots on goal than any other team this season:confused::confused:

Friedel should not be playing at this level, Lloris (Gomes?) would have cleaned Remy out of it. What happened to Vlad and Dembele that they had to come off? A big shame we had only one sub left to try change the game in the 2nd half.

I'm getting sick of these Sunday morning kickoffs, why is the City game on a Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I'm going to try and get this comment across, again, amongst all the negativity....

WHAT A FOOOKING PLAYER SANDRO IS - EXCEPTIONAL.

He changed the game when he came on. Any ball that landed in our half of the pitch he made his. His tackling was superb!

He'd be the first name I'd write on the team sheet, very shortly followed by Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Only caught MOTD2 yesterday, looked to me like we had a fair crack at their goal but Krul played a blinder. One of those days?

On the negative side only Norwich and Palace have scored less goals than us meanwhile we've had more shots on goal than any other team this season:confused::confused:

Friedel should not be playing at this level, Lloris (Gomes?) would have cleaned Remy out of it. What happened to Vlad and Dembele that they had to come off? A big shame we had only one sub left to try change the game in the 2nd half.

I'm getting sick of these Sunday morning kickoffs, why is the City game on a Sunday?

Vlad got a fractured nose afik just before half time and was replaced by kaboul for 2nd half.. Vlad was playing well & made a epic king-esque goal saving tackle made up 20yards+ when daws caught badly napping, before they scored early in 1st half .

Dembele & Paulinhio had bad 1st halves I didnt notice any injuries but if I was to take 1 off it would have been Paulinho as he made a balls of it for their goal with a ghirly excuse for a 50/50:( to gift the ball away.

& yea save brad for the EL & other cups he is soo past it sad to see him gone so bad..flapping at a lot of crosses now too for some reason

davycc wrote: »
    Vlad was playing well & made a epic king-esque goal saving tackle made up 20yards+ when daws caught badly napping, before they scored early in 1st half.

The chap is a serious 'baller! Two weeks in a row, two quality tackles.
    Dembele & Paulinhio had bad 1st halves I didnt notice any injuries but if I was to take 1 off it would have been Paulinho as he made a balls of it for their goal with a ghirly excuse for a 50/50:( to gift the ball away.

Yeah, I think Paulinho should be rested/dropped. Especially at home, Sandro should be covering the back four with everybody ahead of him focusing on scoring goals. That said, on the MOTD highlights it looked like we played very well yesterday. Tim Krul made 14 key saves - the most by any keeper since Opta started recording full data in 2006/07. One of those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Missed MOTD last night. What comments did they make????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I'm not a stat man, in fact I hate them. I didn't think Krul was superhuman in nets. They were all saves he should of made, bar the free kick deflection. I must start watching MOTD highlights more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Vlad got a fractured nose afik just before half time and was replaced by kaboul for 2nd half.. Vlad was playing well & made a epic king-esque goal saving tackle made up 20yards+ when daws caught badly napping, before they scored early in 1st half .

& yea save brad for the EL & other cups he is soo past it sad to see him gone so bad..flapping at a lot of crosses now too for some reason

We won't win the EL with Brad in goal, he is really looking past it this season.

Vlad is a real find.

Lamela should have come on instead of Defoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Look at it from their perspective

Pardew Got Lucky - It Could Have Been A Slaughter!
    http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/pardew_got_lucky__it_could_have_been_a_slaughter_813964/index.shtml

Look at it from their perspective

Pardew Got Lucky - It Could Have Been A Slaughter!
    http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/pardew_got_lucky__it_could_have_been_a_slaughter_813964/index.shtml

Yeah, fair enough we lost but there are positives. A few here were slating Eriksen but the stats paint a different picture. "Tottenham’s tally of 14 shots on target without a goal was the most by any side since records began in 2006, and Christian Eriksen created EIGHT chances, more than any player in a single game this season."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Doesn't tell you what those chances were however, swinging in corners could count for a few, same as a few of those free kicks he was taking, when in reality his set-piece taking in general was quite poor. Too early to be writing him off, but many people have wondered why he went for so little after even less interest from other (big) clubs, and we could be starting to see why. He has a lot to prove.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Said it after Everton, he looks shattered

In fairness the panic is that we can't score mate. Well and good saying we make chances but that's all excuses. Continue at the same rate, and we'll be well off the pace.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    In fairness the panic is that we can't score mate. Well and good saying we make chances but that's all excuses. Continue at the same rate, and we'll be well off the pace.

It's the same panic we had last season when we kept conceding late goals. AVB will sort it and the goals will come. Keep the faith!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭gibbon6

AVB needs to wise up and listen to the wise words of supporters like me. Play Lamela every match and not just in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

gibbon6 wrote: »
    AVB needs to wise up and listen to the wise words of supporters like me. Play Lamela every match and not just in Europe.

Lamella played well against sheriff but it was easier opposition than he will get in premier league. I also think Lamella should have played against Newcastle, but to say he should play in every game may not be right. AVB is closer to the situation. He must have his reasons. If he is good enough he will get his chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

I really think we'll come good.
    - We are not playing great and not scoring freely yet we are 3 points off 2nd.
    - Arsenal have played great since their opening day defeat - yet they are only 5 points ahead.
    - it's Nov, we don't get 4th now. I'd much prefer to put a good run in the 2nd half of the season. We have blown 8/10/12 point cushions when we had 4th wrapped up!

Anyway, keep the faith, I trust AVB!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

The chap is a serious 'baller! Two weeks in a row, two quality tackles.

He just got voted offical Spurs player of the Month & well well deserved too imo. he is even better than Kaboul at being soo calm & walking the ball out of defence with no fear.... So far so good, along with Capoue they have gelled the quickest of all our new stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Advertisement