Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint Account

Options
  • 05-11-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Good morning.

Currently, I have a current account with Bank of Ireland. In the coming weeks, my girlfriend and I would like to open a "Joint Account" with B. of Ireland.

We would like to know which documents are required to open the account.

On the other hand, I would like to transfer my funds from my current account to that joint account, and finally close the current account. Do I have to pay fee for closing the current account?

And with respect to the joint account, is it possible to transfer my Current Standing Orders and Direct Debits when we open the account? 

Can we have two debit cards?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,
    Jorge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Good Morning Jorge,

Welcome to boards and many thanks for your post.

To open a joint account with us, you will need to contact your branch to make an appointment, where both you and your girlfriend will need to attend. Please see here for our branch locator.

In order to open an account, you will both need to bring the following documents with you to the branch, one valid form of photographic id e.g. a current valid driving licence/ passport and one valid form of non photographic ID to verify your address. To apply for Visa Debit cards on the account, you will both need to complete a card application in branch.

There is no fee to close an account however, you may be liable for quarterly fees and charges associated with the activity on your account. It is also possible to transfer your current standing orders and direct debits to your new joint account. A representative in your branch will be happy to discuss the above with you in more detail.

For more information on what’s required to open an account with us please see here.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jorge_QJ

Hi Paula, 

Thank you for your quickly answer.

PPSN also need to bring?

To verify our address, we need two non photographic ID to verify both or just one bill is ok? All bills are in my name (Internet, electricity...), my girlfriend could provide a supermarket club member or something similar.

I have opened the link for the joint account aplication form that you provided me, do you recommend bring it filled?

According with transfer my funds from my current account to the new joint account, do you recommend to do it the same day or maybe later?

Many thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,
    Jorge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Jorge,

Your PPSN number is not required to open a joint account.

Both parties are required to produce photo identification and proof of address, please contact your account holding branch directly where an advisor will be happy to answer any queries you may have and advise you on what documents are acceptable as proof of address.

Please see here for our branch locator which will provide you with contact details for all our branches.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Paula C

Advertisement