Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding link to email sig in Thunderbird

Options
  • 05-11-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone explain how I can add a LInkedIn link to my email sig in Thunderbird? I have a general sig set up with name, company, contact details etc but need to add linkedin to it now.

Cheers

A

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

For a HTML signature:
    <a href="linked_url_including_http://">My LinkedIn Profile</a>

That should do it

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

cheers for your reply..........

So do I just add that to my sig on notepad which is connected to my thunderbird sig? Bit confused here........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

frag420 wrote: »
    cheers for your reply..........

So do I just add that to my sig on notepad which is connected to my thunderbird sig? Bit confused here........

You can only use HTML code if your sending emails in HTML format. Plain text emails cannot hold hyperlinks. Not all email clients support HTML email however most do.
    You would add the code in the Thunderbird signature panel, and see if it renders into a link. If it shows the <a href=""> code in the email you are sending emails as plain text

Nick

Advertisement