Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it too late?

• 05-11-2013 12:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Ok I am doing a plc in computer science. But I absolutely hate it. I just hate all its modules and programMing I don't understand at all. I know myself I won't pass this course so it'll be a waste of time.

Do you ladies and gentlemen think if it's possible to go back to 6th year and repeat? I can't study at home that's why I wanna go to school instead.

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Nope, I considered doing it and when I contacted The Institute they said that they get new students all the way up to January.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Nope, I considered doing it and when I contacted The Institute they said that they get new students all the way up to January.

So if I speak to the secondary schools principle will he let me in a class or does it vary from each school?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Places like the Institute might take people this late, but not all schools will. I know our teachers would go mad at the thoughts of a new student playing catch up with over half the longest term gone.
    Contact your local schools and see, but I wouldn't take it as a given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭TomCleverly

Plenty of community colleges do leaving cert courses for a full term and you get the exact same cert at the end of it.

Advertisement