Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Issue - Balance Transferred

Options
  • 05-11-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭

I moved into an apartment mid-July but was billed from the end of June but it should have been the agent who was billed for those 3 weeks. I rang up to fix this a number of time and I thought it was finally sorted.

The agent received a bill for our gas last month.  I again rang up to fix this as the gas and electricity hadn’t been put back into our name.  The electricity is fixed (even though it looks like I missed an electricity payment and my current bill is showing areers but I wasn’t able to pay them) but the gas isn’t. 

My account says the balance has been transferred and I can't access the bill.  This is ridiculous and every time I ring up I am told something different. 

Can this please be resolved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Pembily,

Thanks for your message, and sorry to hear the issue hasn't yet been resolved.
    Pembily wrote:
    it looks like I missed an electricity payment and my current bill is showing areers but I wasn’t able to pay them... My account says the balance has been transferred and I can't access the bill.

From what you've said, it sounds as though the balance may have been transferred to another account not in your name (i.e. the letting agent's). We can only discuss account details with a named account holder, or authorized contact, which may be the reason you cannot access this.

Please feel free to send us a private message with the following information, so that we can look into the matter further for you:
    • Your account number and confirmation that you are the account holder
    • Your full name, address and contact number or date of birth, for account security
    Thanks,
    David

Advertisement