Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycotton 2014

Options
  • 05-11-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Mug collectors, prepare to assemble!

Entry procedures are outlined on the "Running in Cork" blog. Race date is Sunday March 9th.

It looks like reliance on the postal system will be further reduced for 2014. Online entries will open on Friday December 6th at 2pm and the first 2,300 will be accepted. After this, the first 200 non-club entries to arrive by post will be added to the above number, giving a total of 2,500.

After that, only AAI club members and those who ran the four races in the Ballycotton Summer Series 2013 will be accepted (by post) up until Friday December 20th and for those living overseas up until Tuesday January 7th.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hmmm Bohermeen half or Ballycotton...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Hmmm Bohermeen half or Ballycotton...

My decision is already made. I have a terrible Ballycotton 2013 to atone for. Were they actually on the same day last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

quick Q on this, is this race for the 'elite' runners or will there be participants who could take 2 hours to complete the 10 miles?

druss wrote: »
    My decision is already made. I have a terrible Ballycotton 2013 to atone for. Were they actually on the same day last year?

Bohermeen is the week before Ballycotton. No chance I'd race both.

slingerz wrote: »
    quick Q on this, is this race for the 'elite' runners or will there be participants who could take 2 hours to complete the 10 miles?

Some take well over two hours

http://www.ballycottonrunning.com/files/BC10_Provo_Results.xls.pdf

There are no elite targetted races in Ireland :)

• Advertisement

Last years times.

There will be elites. There will be a lot of mid-range plodders. There will be people who will take over 2 hours.

Plenty of time to get in training though!

thanks for that. reckon i'd still be way to slow for this one

thanks for that. reckon i'd still be way to slow for this one

I was looking in the Clon race thread. You're thinking of circa 2 hours 15 for that? And that's only a month away?

If that's accurate (and you could reappraise after the race anyway)..McMillan would have you down as being closer to 1 hour and 40 mins for the 10 mile. And you would have months to improve between Clon and Ballycotton!

Maybe ignore the online entry. Do the Clon half. That should give you a good idea of where you are now. You can then decide about whether to submit an entry by post?

druss wrote: »
    I was looking in the Clon race thread. You're thinking of circa 2 hours 15 for that? And that's only a month away?

If that's accurate (and you could reappraise after the race anyway)..McMillan would have you down as being closer to 1 hour and 40 mins for the 10 mile. And you would have months to improve between Clon and Ballycotton!

Maybe ignore the online entry. Do the Clon half. That should give you a good idea of where you are now. You can then decide about whether to submit an entry by post?

Probably a good idea tbh. I reckon i'd do 10K in just under 60:00 so i was thinking about 1.45 for a 10 miler.

Just have an awful fear of coming last!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LloydChristmas

On a positive note, they are taking much more online entries this year.

Saves me my one and only yearly visit to the Post Office for a stamp and envelope :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Heads up that the entry for this race is now open.

I'm in:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Site keeps crashing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Server down?

Dunno, it keeps returning a HTTP Status 500 server error, so it may be.

Pain!!

They make it so damn hard to get into this flippin race.

http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/Ballycotton102014

Tick tock! So far the link isn't working for me, but it was supposed to go live at 14:00 today.

Found out our county novice road race is scheduled for the same day. :mad:

I'm back in the queue. This is stressful!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Diablo Verde

You'll have to be patient, but it does seem to be working...slowly. I just managed to get my entry through there.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

You'll have to be patient, but it does seem to be working...slowly. I just managed to get my entry through there.

Best of luck.

Yes, getting feedback that moving thru the queue is useful

Yeah hang in there I got sorted but queued for 5 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Yes, getting feedback that moving thru the queue is useful

Site died on me a few times as well but eventually I got in the queue & a few mins later the entry form came up so I'm paid up & in!

Hang tough, you'll get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Eventually, job done. When they rebooted the server and made the q a bit bigger it worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Do you get a confirmation e-mail??
    Think I registered but it crashed after I put in my payment details?
    Tried again and it said I was already registered but never saw a confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

raddo wrote: »

Sure did, I got an order confirmation from them:
    Thank you for your order with Precision Timing.

You are now successfully registered for the event(s) listed below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

opus wrote: »
    Site died on me a few times as well but eventually I got in the queue & a few mins later the entry form came up so I'm paid up & in!

Hang tough, you'll get there :)

Internet connection interrupted so got dumped to back of the queue!

Crap, after going through everything...
    We're Sorry:

An error has occurred using the application. If the issue persists please get in contact

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

what bloody joke.. after eventaully getting into it and filled in my details, went to pay and another error came up... so tried again from scratch, got to payment section again and used a different credit card (was scared it was first credit card not having enough money) and got same message!!... THEN got a confirmation mail, followed a few minutes later by another confirmation mail, so it looks like i have entered twice, like i said what a joke...
    it seems every system they use for entry doesnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

Crap, after going through everything...

thats what i got also... do not enter again, as i got a confirmation mail even after getting this message

dcorcaigh wrote: »
    thats what i got also... do not enter again, as i got a confirmation mail even after getting this message

Wow, ok. Thanks - I was just going through registration again.

This is a bit of a joke to be honest.

BTW - I'm sure you'll get your money back on your duplicate entry. This is all way to stressful for a 10 miler though, I dunno if the hassle is worth it anymore.

• Advertisement

raddo wrote: »

Have you got a confirmation email since raddo??

Advertisement