Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycotton 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

Wow, ok. Thanks - I was just going through registration again.

This is a bit of a joke to be honest.

BTW - I'm sure you'll get your money back on your duplicate entry. This is all way to stressful for a 10 miler though, I dunno if the hassle is worth it anymore.

exactly what i was thinking, is it worth the hassle??!! i dont think so, that was stressful hour trying to enter

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

So I think I'm registered but no confirmation email.
    Bank confirmed that payment went through.
    No event confirmed on the precision timing website for me either!!
    Sent an e-mail so sit and wait time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

dcorcaigh wrote: »
    thats what i got also... do not enter again, as i got a confirmation mail even after getting this message

By the way, how long did it take for you to get your email confirmation?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

By the way, how long did it take for you to get your email confirmation?
    only about 3mins but one of buddies is still waiting for his confimation email and he got the same error also

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

Just got in!! got the same rigmoroll and went back in and used PayPal and it worked!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Just got my confirmation email.

So yeah, if it crashes on you after you checkout don't start over cos chances are you've actually registered.

Way too stressful! And over an hour at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

They really have to get this entry lark sorted, perhaps giving precedence to people who ran the previous year? Maybe allowing them to register in the first week of December and then opening the race to the masses then.

At that stage you'll have more than half the places sorted and less barging and crashing like today's mess.

I ran it 3 times in a row and missed the entry by a day (cheque returned) the following year, hardly fair on someone who intends running every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Still don't know if I'm in or not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LloydChristmas

To be fair to Ballycotton Running, I registered online last year in a breeze with no problems.

Obviously this year they made a decision to take considerably more online entries which was greatly appreciated by most. Unfortunately it has back fired and it's not Ballycotton fault but Precision Timing. BC will have to take some of the responsibility though by using such a joke of a company. Surely they have to expect a large volume of applicants so should have the relevant IT infrastructure in place to manage the demand which they clearly do not...

Question now is whether all the duplicate entries are reimbursed and what will happen to these spots?

I don't know who or what Ballycotton running organisers are but really they need to get someone involved with them to sort out the entry process once and for all.

That being said, it's their race and can do as they like and everyone needs to chill out about the process..

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Stressful. I had to register using only crappy 3G, so I was praying it wouldn't cut out. Once I got in the queue, I got through fairly quickly. Got an error message after payment, but got the confirmation email, and the money was taken out, so roll on March 2014!

There's going to be a lot of regulars disappointed by this new system, I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Is it really stressful??
    People need to put a little perspective in place here. If you consider trying to register for a race over a hour stressful, how do you possibly function in the real world and hold down a job?
    If you get in, great, if you don't, tough - big swinging w1lly.
    Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

eliwallach wrote: »
    Is it really stressful??
    People need to put a little perspective in place here. If you consider trying to register for a race over a hour stressful, how do you possibly function in the real world and hold down a job?
    If you get in, great, if you don't, tough - big swinging w1lly.
    Get over it.

Easy Tom or I will go down and give you a kicking...LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

I just got 'server is taking too long to respond'. My rubbish rural 'broadband' probably didn't help. Not to worry though, because even if i had time to wait in a long que, i'd haven given just given up, i didn't want to enter that ba badly!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

The more traditional entry forms appeared yesterday but seems you haven't a snowball's chance getting in that way unfortunately. See Corkrunning post here.

Between trying to enter this & the Art O'Neill event, seems sitting on a webpage pressing 'refresh' is the new reality :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

opus wrote: »
    The more traditional entry forms appeared yesterday but seems you haven't a snowball's chance getting in that way unfortunately. See Corkrunning post here.

Between trying to enter this & the Art O'Neill event, seems sitting on a webpage pressing 'refresh' is the new reality :(

Join a club ;)

I'm torn between this, Mallow and Bohermeen half for March...this as a warm up for Mallow could work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭slingerz

Join a club ;)

I'm torn between this, Mallow and Bohermeen half for March...this as a warm up for Mallow could work though.

What is the Mallow half like? and when is it on?

slingerz wrote: »
    What is the Mallow half like? and when is it on?

Mallow is 10 miles. 23rd of March.

Mallow is 10 miles. 23rd of March.

Better again i could manage 10 miles. Its not too hilly is it? Still having nightmares after the Clon half last weekend

Better again i could manage 10 miles. Its not too hilly is it? Still having nightmares after the Clon half last weekend

Nope, not at all. Here's my garmin from last year
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/286839512

edit: Mallow is probably a hidden gem. Very good race, great course, well organised etc and you can shower in the swimming pool next to the sports hall after the race which is an added bonus for anyone travelling. Definitely one of my favourite races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LloydChristmas

Mallow is probably a hidden gem. Very good race, great course, well organised etc and you can shower in the swimming pool next to the sports hall after the race which is an added bonus for anyone travelling. Definitely one of my favourite races.

+1 On this...Of all the Spring 10 milers, Mallow is in my opinion one of the best..Its a very flat and fast course. Ok, it doesnt have the history of Ballycotton but it does have plenty of parking at the finish..showers..no hassle with an entry...big wide open area to start, no congestions...no hills and is well organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Nope, not at all. Here's my garmin from last year
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/286839512

edit: Mallow is probably a hidden gem.

Only Probably?
    What's preventing the full "hidden gem" status?

eliwallach wrote: »
    Only Probably?
    What's preventing the full "hidden gem" status?

Don't really get the need to pick holes in my post...

What should I have posted? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

edit: Mallow is probably a hidden gem. Very good race, great course, well organised etc and you can shower in the swimming pool next to the sports hall after the race which is an added bonus for anyone travelling. Definitely one of my favourite races.

Fully agree, Mallow will by my March event!

Join a club ;)

Yeah I know you're right :) Although it wouldn't help me for the AON event but having whinged about it, I did get into both!

Already signed up for Mallow as it's one of the unmissable races around Cork for me, thankfully have a week between the Tralee marathon & it this year as opposed to a day's rest last year!

opus wrote: »
    Yeah I know you're right :) Although it wouldn't help me for the AON event but having whinged about it, I did get into both!

Already signed up for Mallow as it's one of the unmissable races around Cork for me, thankfully have a week between the Tralee marathon & it this year as opposed to a day's rest last year!

how do you sign up for mallow??

how do you sign up for mallow??

Spotted the link on the Mallow AC web page, see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

How about you guys start a separate thread for Mallow 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

A list of entries in alphabetical order

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

ger664 wrote: »
    A list of entries in alphabetical order

My envelope must have gone missing in the post. I'm not on the list. :(
    That's the first year of missing Ballycotton since 2007!
    6a01348745e23f970c0147e2e8fb5d970b-pi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

My envelope must have gone missing in the post. I'm not on the list. :(
    That's the first year of missing Ballycotton since 2007!
    6a01348745e23f970c0147e2e8fb5d970b-pi

Can you not enter as an International Runner ???

Advertisement