Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets Waterford

Options
  • 05-11-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Does anyone know when Eddie Rockets will re-open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Lady Thor wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Eddie Rockets will re-open?

Pretty sure it wont open as Eddie Rocketts, The lad that owns it has cut all ties with the Rocketts franchise. Hes now going under the name "Rockin Joes"

From passing I cant imagine it will be too long before it opens again. Id imagine it'll be open before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cb123

According to their facebook page, they'll be back in December

https://www.facebook.com/RockinJoesDiner

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

did they re-open?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ecoone

They did re-open but changed their name to Small Plate Joe's. They serve a very large burger on a plate smaller than a saucer. You can eat it with a knife and fork and have bits of it go all over the table or you can pick it up in your hands, unhinge your jaw and eat it like a bloody anaconda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Went there today. Wouldn't recommend it at all. We had a 45 minute wait for our food & when it came it wasn't nice at all. Disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Restaurant on Mother's day? It shouldn't be, but it always is a disaster in my opinion, its like a supermarket the day before Christmas Eve.

At least you didn't pay, (you did send it back right? )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Restaurant on Mother's day? It shouldn't be, but it always is a disaster in my opinion, its like a supermarket the day before Christmas Eve.

At least you didn't pay, (you did send it back right? )

Ah, I wouldn't class or as a Mothers Day restaurant though. It was busy, I will give them that alright. But the food was just a let down. It was awful. We didn't send it back as the children were starving so we encouraged them to eat what the could.

The eddie rockets in limerick and ennis also changed name.
    Is it a trend?
    Have you ever tried kfc in the cresent on a weekend?
    There is more food under the tables than above.

I get you with kids, other than that I'd send it back too, but when the kids are hungry every second seems like an age.

I was there a few weeks ago, I only got a coffee but the food looked lovely, pretty much the same as it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Was in their about 3 weeks ago with my wife and 4 kids. Found it good and even the kids said Thanks for bringing us. If you know my kids they never say thanks to anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 pinky07

Eddie rockets in clonmel also changed to rocking hows....they all the same owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pinky07

Sorry rockin joes

They had an eddies in clonmel? Must be in a bad location, we always ended up eating in KFC.
    The kfc there is nicer than alot though.

That place is in the Showgrounds where M&S is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

All Rockin Joes are owned by same person, details a dispute and court case are on this link to the Independent. :)

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/eddie-rockets-franchise-dispute-settled-saving-140-jobs-29687337.html

I preferred Eddie Rocketts myself.

Advertisement