Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - complained but getting no response

Options
  • 05-11-2013 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this.

In late August, I purchased UPC Horizon for my apartment in Dublin. We were told that the package would include free installation and then €50 monthly fee for the first 6 months, rising to €80 per month after that.

On the day that the installation was due (28th August), I got a phone call saying that the Horizon service was not available in my area and instead, I would be getting the standard UPC box. I told them that I didn't want this as I had had that service in the past and knew that the technology was very out of date and was very inferior compared to the Sky TV products. I was going to cancel my order but was told that Horizon would be available in my area soon and once it was, I would get upgraded to the Horizon box and the original deal I had signed up for which was free installation and then €50 monthly fee for the first 6 months, rising to €80 per month after that.

I noticed yesterday on the UPC website that Horizon was now available in my area so I called UPC to get it installed but have been told that to do this, I will need to pay a €45 activation fee and will not get the discounted price of €50 per month for the first 6 months. I was told that there were no notes on my account to say this, despite me requesting that a note be added to my account on the day of the previous installation as I had told them that I had no interest in the standard UPC pack and the only reason I agreed to sign up is that I was promised I would get the upgrade to Horizon as soon as it became available.

I have no interest in keeping this standard UPC pack and we have already had problems with the set top box freezing and not recording TV shows as well as billing problems where the discounts were not applied to my account but you are telling me that I am locked into a 12 month contract with the standard package now and can only change to Horizon if I pay the activation fee and the full charge or €80 per month, which is the complete opposite of what I had agreed to.

I have asked them to go back and listen to the original recording and I have asked my complaint to be escalated to a supervisor and was told that I would hear back from them in 24-48 hours but 2 weeks later, have heard nothing.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want me to move this thread to the Talk to UPC forum? The reps there may be able to assist.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Write to them, it seems to be the only easy to resolve anything.

I did and I got an email response within 48 hrs, different issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

That recording is your contract. Tell them you want a copy of it. If they wont give it to you tell them to remove the box you have now and/or supply the Horizon service that was agreed .......... or you will stop paying. Simples.

Advertisement