Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amateur Soccer Sponsorship

• 05-11-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I reckon I'm most likely in the wrong forum for this, but I can see where else i can put this, so apologies if I'm in the wrong forum.

I m club secretary for a Football team and we lost our main sponsor this year. Now money is tight and Id like to acquire a new sponsor for our shirts. Ive contacted a number of business in our area and have had no luck as of yet. I imagine with recession its difficult for a lot of businesses. So I'm here on boards looking for some advice and tips how to succeed in getting sponsorship.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Write a letter to your local TDs - my brother set up a team a few years ago and got a few cheques from people like that.

What are you offering the businesses by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Write a letter to your local TDs - my brother set up a team a few years ago and got a few cheques from people like that.

What are you offering the businesses by the way?

Shirt sponsorship (on 1 or 2 kits)

We do be in the evening herald at least 3 times a season so we can have a banner with the company name/logo on it in a team photo.

If its a pub, we can drop in for team bonding sessions after games and spend our sat or Sunday watching the football on TV with a few scoops. We also have 3 nights out a season, Xmas party, End of season Party and Race night (which brought in over 2k of business when we had it last year for the venue) which could be held there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Myself and 2 of the buddies set up a team in a now defunct Night leagues in Cork.

We appraoched a local pub that a few of the players used to call the local and got a few hundred from them and we used to go back after every game and as it was a local, a few used to be in on the Friday/Saturday night regardless. We also got onto a local cab company who provided another few hundred and we used there cabs whenever we were out or were in need of a cab.

We got kit made up with both sponsors on them, one on the front and one on the back above the number.

I'd try and explore all avenues though as this was about 5/6 years ago when getting sponsorship would have been a bit easier given the economy.

I am emailing, sending letters and asking teams mates to ask in their respective jobs.

Its frustrating getting no where even though we are getting nice enough replys.

We are starting a Last Man Standing Competition to raise funds. Hoping that can tide us over for the time being

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I am emailing, sending letters and asking teams mates to ask in their respective jobs.

Its frustrating getting no where even though we are getting nice enough replys.

We are starting a Last Man Standing Competition to raise funds. Hoping that can tide us over for the time being

what size club:? ie how many teams etc

and approx location ie in a town, in dublin etc

• Advertisement

micks wrote: »
    what size club:? ie how many teams etc

and approx location ie in a town, in dublin etc

We have 3 teams ( a Saturday and Sunday side, as well as an over 35s side)

We are based in Coolock/Raheny Area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Easiest way is basically run a draw.
    3 sets of kit 1500-2000
    45-60 players
    €10 a ticket. Each play has to sell 5+
    Sell them to business. friends working for them selves. Shops. Etc
    1st prize first team kit sponsor
    2nd prize sec team etc
    Do up one sheet calendar with all entrants on it and winners and distribute or sell
    That'll bring in a few bob.

You can change cost if you think you can get away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

micks wrote: »
    Easiest way is basically run a draw.
    3 sets of kit 1500-2000
    45-60 players
    €10 a ticket. Each play has to sell 5+
    Sell them to business. friends working for them selves. Shops. Etc
    1st prize first team kit sponsor
    2nd prize sec team etc
    Do up one sheet calendar with all entrants on it and winners and distribute or sell
    That'll bring in a few bob.

You can change cost if you think you can get away with it
    Thats a class idea!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Thats a class idea!

Have to say Ive never heard of that before, could be a solution!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Might be difficult trying to get over 300 businesses involved and can you really see lads going business to business trying to sell raffle tickets.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Might be difficult trying to get over 300 businesses involved and can you really see lads going business to business trying to sell raffle tickets.

I cant see lads doing that, but i can. Ill be happy to go to businesses and do this myself with others on the committee.

Advertisement