Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Ghosts] Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Tilikum wrote: »
    Played it there for about 1:30 mins. Everything seems grand except the (don't know what they're called - c4/claymore thingys) absolutely EVERYWHERE. So glad I didn't buy it. Same old cod ****. Full of assholes sitting in corners hoping someone walks into they're explosives.
    I always run with sit-rep. Great way to spot where the campers are because they usually drop one close. Nothing like a good knife in the back to put a smile on your face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

terriable game, been playing a few days

Levels are too big
    Cant see anyone campiny
    can unload into another player and they get takewn out by them
    Naration is pants, guns are crap,
    Leveling up is painfully slow
    Points system is pants

Im going back to Black Opps & stayign there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Anyone else repeatedly getting put back into the same lobby after backing out multiple times on xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Disc spent Saturday night/Sunday morning in the garden
    Cod's really lost it's way :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Lick Mike Hunt.

I hate it absolute garbage is it!
    Im going to trade it in and get battlefield 4 it's got to be better than this joke of a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Disc spent Saturday night/Sunday morning in the garden
    Cod's really lost it's way :(

Bet you your disk didn't stay in the garden. It was safely in its box, inside

lkionm wrote: »
    Bet you your disk didn't stay in the garden. It was safely in its box, inside

Sigh
    No, I took it back from the garden
    It's not going back in the console for a while
    I'm very very angry with it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

How the hell is there 108 posts here and not one from me yet..? :confused:

I really don't like this one at all. Have played a total of 10 hours since buying it last month.

Black Ops II FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

ive played 48+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    ive played 48+

96+ here :(

• Advertisement

lol nice going

xbox360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

xbox360?

There is a good few of the boards lads that play 360. Add us there in the thread with the gamertags

xbox360?

360 from day of release and then xbox one about 7-10 days after release...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

66+ here. First 2 prestige used either xtar and assault rifles. now just messing about with shotguns LMGs etc. Still fall back on R5 if I am getting annoyed.

Perks - I use Dead Silence, Focus on everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,271 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Siege and Chasm are fooking awful awful maps :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

everlast75 wrote: »
    Siege and Chasm are fooking awful awful maps :(

No stormfront is horrible sniper paradise!

Siege and Flooded are probably the worst COD maps I've ever played. Chasm isn't that bad when playing Blitz, but its still a poor map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I can tolerate siege but Flooded is one of the worst maps I've ever played

Chasm is crap unless you're playing Siege

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

x43r0 wrote: »
    I can tolerate siege but Flooded is one of the worst maps I've ever played

Chasm is crap unless you're playing Siege

Yes Seige is way to big Chasm is like Downturn from MW3 and Stormfront is terrible wish they would take these out of circulation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Nah flooded is grand compared to chasm, siege, stonehaven and stormfront haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

All of the maps except for the town one (warhawk?) and Strikezone are s**t and strikezone is s**t if someone calls in a KEM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

starting to get into it a little now, really dont like the maps they all seem to be perfect for snipers except maybe flooded(i think) not liking the weapons tbh but i heard there will be a few dlc guns so maybe thats the reason why im not warming to them, plus using sitrep at all times maps just spammed with ieds me thinks a bit more practice and hopefully it will improve although still think bo2 is better and had a few games of blops few days ago i still love it!

Strikezone with the KEM is just pure and utter ****e. It's worse than Nuketown with the spawnkills. I would include Octane in with the good maps tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Good maps are basically all the ones on the cranked rotation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I like Whiteout, its just a pity people play like dicks on it for the most part, having said that you could say that about most maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Anyone else noticed kills not registering?

Playing Hardcore TDM and have been given credit for it in the kill feed at top left of screen but not getting it in the score board when I check there. Noticed and least 3 times in the last few days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

man I am actually starting to get the hang of this game, but keep getting into lobbies with me stuck with a load of noobs against a full team.

I am trying my best, doing well, good scores, going positive, but still loosing constantly as I am normally the only one playing the objective on my team.

Is there a casual ps4 ghosts clan on the go? or even just a group of lads who just game together?

I am sick of just playing TDM because I do not have to rely so heavily on my Team for this.

Caoimhin wrote: »
    Is there a casual ps4 ghosts clan on the go? or even just a group of lads who just game together?

I am sick of just playing TDM because I do not have to rely so heavily on my Team for this.

http://www.precisiongaming.net/forums/home.php
    there ya go bud, loads of irish lads few welsh guys aswell, and always some1 playin cod

Meanaspie wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed kills not registering?

Playing Hardcore TDM and have been given credit for it in the kill feed at top left of screen but not getting it in the score board when I check there. Noticed and least 3 times in the last few days....

playing around on infected earlier and some kills definately didn't register but i did get the point towards my killstreaks which was the only way I could tell...

• Advertisement

THESE FUC*ING SERVERS ITS LIKE THEY ARE FORCING YOU TO PLAY THE CAMPAIGN AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT I DID AND IT WAS SHHHHIIIIIIIIII*TTTTTT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just picked this up until the clusterf**k that is Battlefield 4 is sorted out.

The campaign... just lol :D
    It really is laughably bad. I used to enjoy previous COD campaigns for what they were, a bit of OTT fun, this is on a whole new level of cringe. I actually felt a little embarrassed playing it tbh.
    "We gotta do this for Dad bro"
    Wow, just terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

does free fall ever come up in the rotation, ive only played it with the bots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

First time ever playing these type of games and got Call of Duty and Battlefield on PS4, must say Battlefield looks far superior to me.

Am I missing something?

First time ever playing these type of games and got Call of Duty and Battlefield on PS4, must say Battlefield looks far superior to me.

Am I missing something?

I lived for MW2. I liked each new release just a little bit less. Hated Ghosts & Blops 2. I did buy Battlefield 3 but couldn't get into it.
    Reluctantly ? purchased BF4 over Christmas and am loving it. Something about it I can't put my finger on. Playing mostly TDM which I grew to detest on COD. The other game modes (Conquest in particular) I find a bit daunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just picked this up until the clusterf**k that is Battlefield 4 is sorted out.

The campaign... just lol :D
    It really is laughably bad. I used to enjoy previous COD campaigns for what they were, a bit of OTT fun, this is on a whole new level of cringe. I actually felt a little embarrassed playing it tbh.
    "We gotta do this for Dad bro"
    Wow, just terrible.

I don't really play online at all but I liked the story. Obviously it's fairly cheesy. Your da was always going to die but the gameplay was enjoyable I thought. The last few missions in particular were great. Going from tanks to space to a train (always a train :p) was great craic.

I heard they release a big patch next year called COD Ghosts 2 - the next try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That ending. Jesus wept.

Have to say I enjoyed it apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

That ending. Jesus wept.

Have to say I enjoyed it apart from that.

The ending was silly but come on, that Eminem song really made it a helluva lot more epic. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The ending was silly but come on, that Eminem song really made it a helluva lot more epic. :p

survival of the fittest?
    turns out the fella the same age as their father was fit enough to survive a gunshot, odin strike, drowning, and was able to overpower the 2 heroes. Rorke, aka mr indestructible.

Edit
    forgot about the train crash

• Advertisement

Okay, what is the deal with the ballistic vests in this game? They give you something like 2.5 extra health. It's ridiculous. Like a mini Juggernaut. Played a clan there who only used the set-up UAV, vests, & Oracle and they were pretty much invincible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Okay, what is the deal with the ballistic vests in this game? They give you something like 2.5 extra health. It's ridiculous. Like a mini Juggernaut. Played a clan there who only used the set-up UAV, vests, & Oracle and they were pretty much invincible.

That's a pretty standard set up for a lot of clans. I always have a class set with ap rounds and a silencer and dead silence and off the grid to counter people like this. Annoys the hell out of them :)

sat coms are crap imo any time i use them no one else has them so the idea of an advanced uav rarely happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Infected Riot absolutely sucks, the shield offers no protection at all from the infected and the akimbo blows so much. The games are over so quick it is just a game of hide and seek

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Getting really fed up of tools wearing the god damn ghillie suit and using an assault rifle or machine gun,should be locked to sniping only, sums this game up perfectly, style over substance.As for ballistic vests in hardcore, if i wanted to have to shoot someone 3 or 4 times to kill them I would have played the standard game not the hardcore, totally pointless

The ghillie suit is a pain in the hole, but the only way to add it to your sniping class is to put it on your complete set up, which to me is complete crap.
    I just encountered a fella prone in the grass, waited for me to pass and then up he pops with akimbo magnums

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭vgv

Even though this game can be fun...

I play a lot of search and destroy/rescue(great gamemode)and the radar shield+danger close c4 guys are a real nuisance.However they did a better job with the riot shield in this game.Its a very viable option.
    Thermal scopes & tracker sights should be gotten rid of imo.And incog too.
    Grenades & semtex are crap without danger close.
    Time to kill seems overly fast.Player health would benefit from a boost for core mode.Ballistic vests help but theyre not as useful as they were in MW3.Theyre harder to get and you cant tactically insert beside them which was a fave tactic of mine in MW3.
    I like the variety of perks but since theres basically stopping power(Deadeye)can the rushers have a juggernaut style perk for balance?
    The killstreak which provides a random weapons box is useless.
    There NEEDS to be mercenary modes.I usually play solo and constantly end up in a team of noobs going against a party.Not fun.
    The maps are uninspiring.
    Its awkward to mute players.No theater:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's a pretty standard set up for a lot of clans. I always have a class set with ap rounds and a silencer and dead silence and off the grid to counter people like this. Annoys the hell out of them :)

Add blind eye as well to really mess with them. :p

Was in a full party last night playing dom on octane, enemy team were beasting think they had at least 4 helo pilots, we were all very negetive best of our players was prob .75, we were ahead something like 186 to 150 they triple capped but we pulled one back and nutralised b for a few seconds and won 200-198 epic game!
    think this really is a good game if your in a party and it has really grown on me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

cadete wrote: »
    Was in a full party last night playing dom on octane, enemy team were beasting think they had at least 4 helo pilots, we were all very negetive best of our players was prob .75, we were ahead something like 186 to 150 they triple capped but we pulled one back and nutralised b for a few seconds and won 200-198 epic game!
    think this really is a good game if your in a party and it has really grown on me!

I can back him up here, I was on the same team and I fecking love the battles like this. Also if your bored of this game, get your ass in the eSports playlist, it takes out all the bull**** and the players are generally really good

Advertisement