Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Ghosts] Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Its still a good game

Unfortunately it's not only the glitchers that make it so bad. It's too slow paced and just doesn't feel good to play. It's just not fun. All in my opinion of course.

Edit: I'll sell copy (ps3) to anyone for €25 if they want it. Dublin area, city centre. PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I have to agree with most people here, the game is far from good. Is not even decent.

I got mine with my xbox one, I didnt play it straight away, I waited until the next day to play it. Played for a while and after a few hours I decided I had enough. It is the same crap over and over. The lag is unbelievable, the streaks are overpowered, I mean, I got killed by a dog from 10 meters away? Then I joined a hacked lobby, so that did it, now all CoD had been officially hacked. I had enough at that point.

So I decided to turn it off for a while and play BF4, the next day I wanted to play some S&D again, I was playing BF and as I was about to swap to CoD I saw BF had a game mode called Defuse, and it turns out to be the same as S&D but without all the stuff I dont like of CoD, no streaks, no owerpowered weapons, no sitrep, no recon, no kids camping at the spawn doing 360s, just a bunch of people playing the objective, the way I always wanted!

Havent gone back to Ghost since, I dont even miss it a bit. And this is my first BF so is not like I was a BF fanboy, but I am now!

This will be my last CoD, I wont be buying it again unless they make radical changes. MW3 was not the best CoD but it was enjoyable, at least for me, I like rushing and at least until they did the Sit Rep pro "update".

IMO it fells like Activision are not listening to the "original" CoD fans, they are focusing on introducing more gadgets, perks etc and forgetting what the game is all about, just pure shooting the crap out of everyone.

The fact that, they initially removed game modes such as demolition (i think) and S&D says a lot about them. They are only hearing what they want to hear.

IMO they are making this games less exciting, promoting defensive play, you dont have to be the greatest player to do well in CoD anymore. Then there is the lag compensation thing which makes the game unplayable. Not to mention all the hacking going on, MW3 got hacked (invisibility thingie) they didnt even bother to fix that...

So I am happy to say I have finally found a replacement to CoD, BF and I am pleased, very please to see it now has my favorite game mode as well, S&D. I am a happy guy now. And best of all, TitanFall is coming out soon.

I never thought I would be saying this but no more CoD for me and I know a few hours is not enough for someone to get acquainted with a game, for example, it took me a day or two to get used to BF but somehow, it was a different feeling though, while I was playing BF and learning the game I felt frustrated because I was getting killed because of my own mistakes not because of lag, someone noobtubing me, an elastic attack dog, etc... now that I am better at BF and I am enjoying it much more. I am glad this happened though, as I have been stuck on CoD for the last 4 years, barely played anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

But mw3 had better guns(snipers+shotguns)
    I don't understand why the producers can't see this. The MP7 was a great sub, because it could shoot straight. The ACR was a great AR, because it could shoot straight. People could rely on whichever gun they pick without having to worry about it bouncing around the place. Not hard to grasp.

And yeah, I loved using the slug shotgun in that game, forget the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Should i buy bf4 on pc or 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

I don't understand why the producers can't see this. The MP7 was a great sub, because it could shoot straight. The ACR was a great AR, because it could shoot straight. People could rely on whichever gun they pick without having to worry about it bouncing around the place. Not hard to grasp.

And yeah, I loved using the slug shotgun in that game, forget the name of it.

Wait wut?

You're complaining about recoil?

Recoil is what sets the best players above the rest. If there was no recoil gun-skill wouldn't matter. That is evidently seen in Ghosts where you die in 2 bullets.

Black Ops 1 was amazing because the guns bounced everywhere. The person who had better gunskill won the majority of gunfights with the exception of connection advantages (present in every COD i may add).

Ghosts caters to the bottom of the barrel player in my eyes and i'm done with Infinity Ward. Absolutely clueless.

• Advertisement

I'm not totally pro it but I think there should be a gun in every class where people can rely on a gun to do its job. If I'm in a close quarter battle, I don't want to be mowed down by an AR. Case in point - Ghosts. All the AR's in the game are very accurate while the SMG's, like BO2 don't shoot straight. Why would anyone pick one of these guns when it's such a disadvantage to use a certain gun type over the other.

That's what I liked about MW3. The SMG's were excellent along with AR's. It was balanced. COD lately have gone so pro-long distance weapons that people are less inclined to rush, which is annoying. And I loved the guns in BO1. The AK74u was a great SMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Ok so because for the last 2 days the lag in the game has been atrocious I decided to test if it was my wifi causing problems. I invested or rather wasted 30 euros on a powerline adaptor to wire the ps3 via ethernet. Still no difference.

All i ever play is hardcore as standard modes seem to require 10 hits to kill, but in the last few days its gotten to a joke. 3 hitmarkers with a sniper rifle and still not dead and the absolute pi$$take of all, one enemy was behind a wall, only head exposed, hitmarker with the sniper, no kill. So seeing as cod is the only game I play on the ps3, im actually selling the whole thing console, games, the lot. This game is so bad its turned me off videogames altogether.

Seeing a lot of perk hackers lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Seeing a lot of perk hackers lately.

Saw one the other night. Could it just not be a glitch or something??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Played it there for about 1:30 mins. Everything seems grand except the (don't know what they're called - c4/claymore thingys) absolutely EVERYWHERE. So glad I didn't buy it. Same old cod ****. Full of assholes sitting in corners hoping someone walks into they're explosives.

• Advertisement

Tilikum wrote: »
    Played it there for about 1:30 mins. Everything seems grand except the (don't know what they're called - c4/claymore thingys) absolutely EVERYWHERE. So glad I didn't buy it. Same old cod ****. Full of assholes sitting in corners hoping someone walks into they're explosives.
    I always run with sit-rep. Great way to spot where the campers are because they usually drop one close. Nothing like a good knife in the back to put a smile on your face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

terriable game, been playing a few days

Levels are too big
    Cant see anyone campiny
    can unload into another player and they get takewn out by them
    Naration is pants, guns are crap,
    Leveling up is painfully slow
    Points system is pants

Im going back to Black Opps & stayign there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Anyone else repeatedly getting put back into the same lobby after backing out multiple times on xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Disc spent Saturday night/Sunday morning in the garden
    Cod's really lost it's way :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Lick Mike Hunt.

I hate it absolute garbage is it!
    Im going to trade it in and get battlefield 4 it's got to be better than this joke of a game

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Disc spent Saturday night/Sunday morning in the garden
    Cod's really lost it's way :(

Bet you your disk didn't stay in the garden. It was safely in its box, inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

lkionm wrote: »
    Bet you your disk didn't stay in the garden. It was safely in its box, inside

Sigh
    No, I took it back from the garden
    It's not going back in the console for a while
    I'm very very angry with it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

How the hell is there 108 posts here and not one from me yet..? :confused:

I really don't like this one at all. Have played a total of 10 hours since buying it last month.

Black Ops II FTW!

ive played 48+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

ive played 48+

96+ here :(

• Advertisement

lol nice going

xbox360?

xbox360?

There is a good few of the boards lads that play 360. Add us there in the thread with the gamertags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

xbox360?

360 from day of release and then xbox one about 7-10 days after release...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

66+ here. First 2 prestige used either xtar and assault rifles. now just messing about with shotguns LMGs etc. Still fall back on R5 if I am getting annoyed.

Perks - I use Dead Silence, Focus on everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,992 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Siege and Chasm are fooking awful awful maps :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

everlast75 wrote: »
    Siege and Chasm are fooking awful awful maps :(

No stormfront is horrible sniper paradise!

Siege and Flooded are probably the worst COD maps I've ever played. Chasm isn't that bad when playing Blitz, but its still a poor map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I can tolerate siege but Flooded is one of the worst maps I've ever played

Chasm is crap unless you're playing Siege

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

x43r0 wrote: »
    I can tolerate siege but Flooded is one of the worst maps I've ever played

Chasm is crap unless you're playing Siege

Yes Seige is way to big Chasm is like Downturn from MW3 and Stormfront is terrible wish they would take these out of circulation!

Advertisement