Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling Ball Alleys in Waterford City/South Kilkenny

Options
  • 05-11-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Is there any hurling ball alleys open to the public in the city or in south Kilkenny (Mooncoin, Piltown, Granagh etc)? I know there is one in De La Salle College but I'm not sure if it is only for students. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ferrybank GAA have one as do Mount Sion also.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

A good few clubs have these, but I'd doubt very much you can just breeze in and use it. Maybe clubs hire them out like they do the all weather pitches. I don't know of a municipal one, doubt there is one, and if there is, I'm sure that needs to be hired too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

there is one in lismore next to protestant church but prob a bit to far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Piltown have one that's open (i.e. you don't need a key to get in). I think Ballygunnar's is open too, although I haven't been out there in years.

Ferrybank & Mt Sion's are locked. Portlaw have a locked one too.

A lot of clubs have them, however it would be tough to find one that you are allowed use due to insurance issues. You'd need to be a member of any club that allow you to use it, I'd imagine.

If you do find one, post it up as it could come in handy.

Advertisement