Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bratwurst

Options
  • 05-11-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can get good Bratwurst sausages in Dublin? I had them on holidays and became a little obsessed. They are unreal! But I can't find them anywhere :/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Have you tried Lidl? I've seen them there.

Moved from Food & Drink to the Dublin City forum - you're likely to get lots more helpful replies here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Think there's a new German sausage place in George's St. Arcade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Lidl do authentic bratwurst. There also used to be a German fella who had a stall in Farmleigh market. Giving me a pining for one now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Have you tried Lidl? I've seen them there.

Moved from Food & Drink to the Dublin City forum - you're likely to get lots more helpful replies here.

The used to sell bratwurst in Aldi and they were lovely but recently they have stopped.

I must have a look in Georges arcade and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Lidl have packs of them - Aldi had until very recently too, but seem to have stopped stocking them

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Lidl do authentic bratwurst. There also used to be a German fella who had a stall in Farmleigh market. Giving me a pining for one now.....

He can also be found at Skerries and Howth when stuff is happening.

I think his name is Jurgen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Lidl and Aldi sounds logic alright. But you could try some Polish shops as well, there is not a big difference in taste, afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I havent see these Lidl ones either in awhile in my local branch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I havent see these Lidl ones either in awhile in my local branch

I haven't seen them in either Aldi or Lidl in a while too, the country is fcuked :(

Try a polish shop...they have many different types of sausage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Many of the Mróz chain of Polish shops have their own butchers, with all sorts of lovely sausagey niceness.
    http://www.mrozdublin.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Mroz in Rathmines dont do Bratwurst. Or English for that matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I think Lidl & Aldi have slowly become more Irish. You see less of the german stuff and more high quality irish products. Try one of the ethnic butchers on Talbot street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

The lidl ones are usually with the cooked meats not the sausages as you might expect. My local lidl in Ballyfermot stocks them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Think there's a new German sausage place in George's St. Arcade.

There is, stuff looks savage too,

21/25

FXB's in Moore St might have them,there isnt a lot they dont have or cant get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I was in Lidl and Aldi today in Nutgrove. No joy there.
    Also gave Supervalu a go, nothing.

Will try some of the suggestions here tomorrow.

They shouldn't be this hard to find. We are missing out something shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Just on the same topic, anybody know where to get decent Currywurst? Or would it be a case of making the sauce yourself?

manlad wrote: »
    Just on the same topic, anybody know where to get decent Currywurst? Or would it be a case of making the sauce yourself?

I've made Currywurst myself - obviously decent wurst is a starting point. Bit of ketchup, shake curry powder on top ( I use Sharwoods). Just like the Imbiss - Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Im hungry now:mad:

• Advertisement

Hootanany wrote: »
    Im hungry now:mad:

Yeah me too...i used to love those white bratwurst from Lidl...grilled with some wholegrain mustatard.

I've made Currywurst myself - obviously decent wurst is a starting point. Bit of ketchup, shake curry powder on top ( I use Sharwoods). Just like the Imbiss - Yum!

You need a small bit of that stuff here as well, that would be the icing on the cake...but really, just a small tiny bit ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayenne_pepper

Lars1916 wrote: »
    You need a small bit of that stuff here as well, that would be the icing on the cake...but really, just a small tiny bit ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayenne_pepper[/QUOTE]

Gott im Himmel!

Lars1916 wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayenne_pepper[/QUOTE]

Gott im Himmel!

If you ever go to Berlin, and you are asked, if you want a 'Currywurst Spezial'...just say 'No' ;)

I guess, even if you say 'just a tiny little bit', you mind still end up like a dragon, spitting fire all over the place :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

Bumping an old thread, to see if anyone has any suggestions please.

Amazed they aren't for sale in every second butchers, I think that they taste great tbh.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Bumping an old thread, to see if anyone has any suggestions please.

Amazed they aren't for sale in every second butchers, I think that they taste great tbh.

I believe there is a german butchers in sallynoggin...

Advertisement