Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flye Fit, Macken St

Options
  • 05-11-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone used Flye Fitness, on Macken St. ?

I'm thinking of joining up for the next three months to prepare me for my winter holiday, but the place looks massive, so I'm concerned it would be freezing in the middle of winter.

No pain, no gain, and all that, fine, but that doesn't mean I have to freeze my yokes off. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you're working out, you should be warm enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Man I hope this guy's trolling...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Man I hope this guy's trolling...

Not at all. clearly not hardcore like yourself, but hey we can't, or don't want to, all be super-warriors.

I don't consider freezing my balls all to be a necessary part of keeping fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Like I said, if you're working out, you won't feel the cold, if it is cold.

If you feel cold in there, save your money.

You don't have to be a hardcore warrior to generate some heat in the gym. If you're not warm enough, just work a bit harder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

There's a ground breaking new outwear supplement from the same people that brought you GAINZZZ.

It's called CLOTHEZZZZ.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    There's a ground breaking new outwear supplement from the same people that brought you GAINZZZ.

It's called CLOTHEZZZZ.

Oh you *are* a CARD! Do go on, please.

cormee wrote: »
    Not at all. clearly not hardcore like yourself, but hey we can't, or don't want to, all be super-warriors.

I don't consider freezing my balls all to be a necessary part of keeping fit.

Have you considered..... dressing appropriately for the environment and conditions you find yourself?

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Have you considered..... dressing appropriately for the environment and conditions you find yourself?

I have. That's why is why I'm enquiring about the temperature of the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

cormee wrote: »
    I have. That's why is why I'm enquiring about the temperature of the place.

You should wear clothes you can take off. Like a jumper. And tracksuit bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Look no one gets GAINZZZ in a gym with out wearing a wife beater, fact! Tracksuit bottoms and long sleeve top are catabolic in their very nature.

• Advertisement

Look no one gets GAINZZZ in a gym with out wearing a wife beater, fact! Tracksuit bottoms and long sleeve top are catabolic in their very nature.

If you warm up in a hoody with a slogan to the effect of "I'm a big c*nt and you're not" on it you also win extra 'Brah' points...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

You only score BRAH points if you've cut the sleeves off a perfectly good hoody are wearing tap out shorts and have the hood up

Hanley wrote: »
    You should wear clothes you can take off. Like a jumper. And tracksuit bottoms.

Fair enough, and I realise that. I only ask the question so I can decide between there and SV Fitness, which I used last year, it is just across the river from Flye, and heated.

I'm trying to decide which - whether the temperature of Flye, or the fact that SV Fitness is closed at the weekend - is the bigger trade-off.

Advertisement