Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAN for lines not at present in service

Options
  • 05-11-2013 4:22pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Had 3 different lines at home address, but none of them are at present active, so how do I go about finding out what the UAN is for them?

One is now active on Wimax, so quoting it to track the UAN will mis direct things.
    The other 2 have been out of commission for some time now, but the pairs still exist back as far as the local cabinet, which is only 10 Ft from the new E-fibre box, hence the interest

Area is Ashbourne, the numbers were part of the 01 area

Thanks

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Had 3 different lines at home address, but none of them are at present active, so how do I go about finding out what the UAN is for them?

One is now active on Wimax, so quoting it to track the UAN will mis direct things.
    The other 2 have been out of commission for some time now, but the pairs still exist back as far as the local cabinet, which is only 10 Ft from the new E-fibre box, hence the interest

Area is Ashbourne, the numbers were part of the 01 area

Thanks

Steve
    Hi Steve

What is it you are looking to do?

Mark

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Looking at options for  E-Fibre, but we've never had billing with UAN's on the bill, and some of the possible suppliers are asking for the UAN in order to determine what service (if any) they can provide. Quoting the old numbers, or the number that's been reassigned to the VOIP service is just going to confuse things, the old numbers have been out of use for a long time, so probably reallocated, the UAN seems to be the only information that will pin down the routing to our property. There was 3 lines 4 pairs coming in, so I'm trying to find out what sort of options we might have with E-fibre speeds, the local cabinet is not that far away, but we will be the last house on the line, so that may cause problems.

Thanls

Steve

Looking at options for  E-Fibre, but we've never had billing with UAN's on the bill, and some of the possible suppliers are asking for the UAN in order to determine what service (if any) they can provide. Quoting the old numbers, or the number that's been reassigned to the VOIP service is just going to confuse things, the old numbers have been out of use for a long time, so probably reallocated, the UAN seems to be the only information that will pin down the routing to our property. There was 3 lines 4 pairs coming in, so I'm trying to find out what sort of options we might have with E-fibre speeds, the local cabinet is not that far away, but we will be the last house on the line, so that may cause problems.

Thanls

Steve
    Hi Irish Steve

Can you Pm me with your exact full address so I can look into this in more detail please.

Mark

Thanls

Steve
    Hi Irish Steve

Can you Pm me with your exact full address so I can look into this in more detail please.

Mark
    Mark,

PM sent, thanks

Steve

Thanls

Steve
    Hi Irish Steve

Mark
    Mark,

PM sent, thanks

Steve
    Got the PM thanks and messaged you back.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Thanls

Steve
    Hi Irish Steve

Mark
    Mark,

PM sent, thanks

Steve

Thanks, Mark
    Mark,

Reply received, and that will help, should be able to get things sorted now without too much hassle

Regards

Steve

Thanls

Steve
    Hi Irish Steve

Mark
    Mark,

PM sent, thanks

Steve

Thanks, Mark
    Mark,

Reply received, and that will help, should be able to get things sorted now without too much hassle

Regards

Steve
    No worries Steve

Mark

Advertisement