Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad wireless connection with UPC Technicolor TC7200

• 05-11-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way to make the wireless signal output more consistent or stable with this modem? (TC7200)

What I mean is, is there any settings that I can change to perhaps reduce the speed of the wireless output, but make the signal more stable? Or just make the signal more stable?

The reason I ask, is that I have a lot of drops when downloading, or streaming anything and sometimes even basic pages can take quite a while to load. It actually makes the wireless option kind of pointless.

If I do a speedtest (speedtest.upc.ie), it usually comes in at around 20 - 25mb (I'm on a 50mb connection), but the actual downloading packet can stop a number of times before the download completes. In other words, that little red ball going from the earth graphic to the little man graphic stops moving, sometimes two or three times in the one test. Often the Upload test simply fails to execute.

I live in a small house, so distance is not the issue. This problem happens when I am in the same room and with all three of my laptops.

It didn't happen with my old Technicolor TG582 modem, the signal from that was always strong and stable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corroonb

I have the same issues. The hardware is cheap and terrible. I raised the issue with UPC (downloads stalling) in the Talk To forum and they're useless. We're getting Sky when our contract is up, UPC don't care about customer satisfaction anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

If i were you i d look at the thread down below you !!!

ie "get out of sky contract "
    you could be going from the frying pan into the fire :D

Advertisement