Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat A License

• 05-11-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm planning on getting the A licence, but I have couple of questions.

So I got my provisional in 2006 and I got cat A, B, M & W.

In 2010 I passed my full licence test on B, and when I got the licence it only has a B on it.

So my question is - Do I need to start over and sign up for cat A theory test? Or straight to IBT and then Full test - is that correct?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

If you're over 24 I should think you can just renew your category A permit provided it expired less than five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭majnus

jimgoose wrote: »
    If you're over 24 I should think you can just renew your category A permit provided it expired less than five years ago.

I'm 28. So I will get a separate licence with provisional cat A? My twisted logic always thought provisional A is 'included' in full B (it was the same theory test taken after all)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

majnus wrote: »
    So I will get a separate licence with provisional cat A?

The category A learner permit will be a separate artifact from your full license, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

I'm 28. So I will get a separate licence with provisional cat A? My twisted logic always thought provisional A is 'included' in full B (it was the same theory test taken after all)

Yes. Your full car licence is pink and your motorcycle learner permit will be green. Once you pass your motorcycle test you will get it added onto the pink one.
    If your last learner permit (Provisional) ran out more than 5 years ago you will need to go back to the start
    1. Theory
    2. get LP
    3. IBT
    4. Test

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭majnus

Thanks lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You may want to study up on your A Category questions for your theory test as there are more items to be reviewed in this section.

Advertisement