Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of purchasing a euro bank draft from BOI?

Options
  • 05-11-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can you direct me to where I can find out the cost of purchasing a euro bank draft from BOI? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bank of Ireland: Michelle

Hi TMacN,

Welcome to boards and thanks for posting. 

The cost of a domestic Euro bank draft is E2.40 and a draft can be purchased from any Bank of Ireland branch. 

Please note, drafts can only be issued for amounts of E500 or more. 

Thanks 
    Michelle 

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭BillieBob

Can you please confirm that a bank draft can be purchased from any Bank of Ireland branch and not just from the branch where my account is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bank of Ireland: Michelle

Hi BillieBob, 

A bank draft can be purchased from any Bank of Ireland branch.

Here is a link to our Branch Locator, to assist you in finding your nearest branch. 

Thanks
    Michelle 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TMacN

Hi TMacN,

Welcome to boards and thanks for posting. 

The cost of a domestic Euro bank draft is E2.40 and a draft can be purchased from any Bank of Ireland branch. 

Please note, drafts can only be issued for amounts of E500 or more. 

Thanks 
    Michelle 
    Hi  Michelle,
    Thanks for getting back to me.  One more thing, can you confirm if the E2.40 is a flat rate regardless of the value of the draft or is there an escalating cost depending on the value of the draft? i.e. Does a draft for E500 cost the same as a draft for E5,000?

Regards,
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi TMacN,

The €2.40 fee is per draft regardless of the value of the draft.

Thanks
    Tara 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 TMacN

Hi TMacN,

The €2.40 fee is per draft regardless of the value of the draft.

Thanks
    Tara 
    Thanks Tara.

Advertisement