Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reduced Capacity on Peak service

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

That they realised they have made an error and will rectify it so the paying public will be treated with the dignity they deserve and wont have to put up with this sh%t much longer. That would have been a nice start :D

Chance would be a fine thing.

Both the 17.35 and 18.35 Waterford trains out of Heuston are overcrowded. These are peak trains yet IE insist on putting on 4 cars when 6 cars are needed.

Both of these trains stop at 2 stations before and including Kildare but very few people get off because they can choose other less crowded trains. This means the overcrowding doesn't ease until after Athy.

People who have the option of getting other trains to stations up to and including Kildare have stopped using the Waterford trains for a very good reason. Maybe this was IE's strategy when they reduced train size but the trains would still be too small even if the first stop were Athy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Emme wrote: »
    Chance would be a fine thing.

Both the 17.35 and 18.35 Waterford trains out of Heuston are overcrowded. These are peak trains yet IE insist on putting on 4 cars when 6 cars are needed.

Both of these trains stop at 2 stations before and including Kildare but very few people get off because they can choose other less crowded trains. This means the overcrowding doesn't ease until after Athy.

People who have the option of getting other trains to stations up to and including Kildare have stopped using the Waterford trains for a very good reason. Maybe this was IE's strategy when they reduced train size but the trains would still be too small even if the first stop were Athy.

I was on the 1835 yesterday. It was almost full but there were a few seats around leaving Heuston. I chose to stand because I was only going as far as Newbridge.

Once people got off at Newbridge there were plenty of seats.

I was on the 1835 yesterday. It was almost full but there were a few seats around leaving Heuston. I chose to stand because I was only going as far as Newbridge.

Once people got off at Newbridge there were plenty of seats.

How many cars were on this train?

So far this year none of the trains I got out of Heuston (the 17.35 or 18.35) haven't had many seats available until after Athy. The 17.35 yesterday was packed to the gills.

Even if there are seats leaving Heuston they usually fill up a few minutes after because people who board a packed train at the last minute don't always spot the few free seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I got another email response to my complaints about overcrowding and lack of seats yesterday. Basically saying they are 'reorganising the fleet' and dont expect things to improve any time soon.

Doesnt change the fact that we are paying much much more and getting much much less in return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I got another email response to my complaints about overcrowding and lack of seats yesterday. Basically saying they are 'reorganising the fleet' and dont expect things to improve any time soon.

Doesnt change the fact that we are paying much much more and getting much much less in return.

Well perhaps you should be asking your government TDs why they voted for the reduction in subsidy for CIE Group in 2014 and at the same time expect the companies to maintain the same level of services.

That's what ultimately is causing this.

I suspect that the problems on the Waterford line could be alleviated by changing the stopping pattern when the new timetable comes in, with some stops being removed.

Also the four six coach Premier Class sets on the Heuston side that were reformed to four coaches are now being further reformed to five coach sets, so that should reduce some of the pressure on that side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

lxflyer wrote: »
    Well perhaps you should be asking your government TDs why they voted for the reduction in subsidy for CIE Group in 2014 and at the same time expect the companies to maintain the same level of services.

I suspect that the problems on the Waterford line could be alleviated by changing the stopping pattern when the new timetable comes in, with some stops being removed.

Also the four six coach Premier Class sets on the Heuston side that were reformed to four coaches are now being further reformed to five coach sets, so that should reduce some of the pressure on that side.

When in January is new timetable coming in?

MDFM wrote: »
    When in January is new timetable coming in?

Well it won't be January as there has been no public consultation yet - I'd say that it is more likely to be April or May at this stage - remember that you'd probably need a month or so for the consultation, then about another 6-8 weeks after that to get everything in place - assess the consultation results, get timetables put together and posters printed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Dont worry I intend to!

That's news to me. Both the 6.05 and 7.10 from Waterford were taking in extra stops at random a few days last week. Because of this the train arrived later than usual and I was late for work as a result. Passengers are paying handsomely for this *ahem* service.

If some stops are removed from Waterford trains this would ease off on the overcrowding but I would imagine IE would use this as an excuse to remove a car from the usual 4 car train making it a 3 car. This would mean that the aisles and passageways would be full of people standing all the way to and from Athy or Carlow. That's a journey of at least an hour, give or take a few minutes.

I don't know about other lines but a lot of elderly people take the Waterford train to Dublin, possibly for hospital appointments. If the current overcrowding continues it's only a matter of time before some elderly person falls on the train and injures themselves. Passengers do their best to give up their seats to an elderly or infirm person but with current overcrowding this isn't always possible.

Despite what the shills say here, the overcrowding is this bad.

Yeah :rolleyes: These are the trains with four jam packed standard class cars and one half empty premier class car. There is handwritten note sellotaped to the door which says passengers have to pay an extra €12.50 to sit there. Some of these 5 car (really 4 car trains - who can afford premier class?) premier class trains used to be 6 car premier class trains (5 cars standard class). So we're minus a car, not plus a car like some people would have us believe.

IE is a joke. There's a picture of a man sitting on a fold up seat in one of the trains today. I suppose IE won't allow that happen any more for "health and safety" reasons, the argument being that it is safer for passengers to stand.

That's news to me. Both the 6.05 and 7.10 from Waterford were taking in extra stops at random a few days last week. Because of this the train arrived later than usual and I was late for work as a result. Passengers are paying handsomely for this *ahem* service.

If some stops are removed from Waterford trains this would ease off on the overcrowding but I would imagine IE would use this as an excuse to remove a car from the usual 4 car train making it a 6 car. This would mean that the aisles and passageways would be full of people standing all the way to Athy or Carlow.

I don't know about other lines but a lot of elderly people take the Waterford train to Dublin, possibly for hospital appointments. If the current overcrowding continues it's only a matter of time before some elderly person falls on the train and injures themselves. Passengers do their best to give up their seats to an elderly or infirm person but with current overcrowding this isn't always possible.

Despite what the shills say here, the overcrowding is this bad.

Yeah :rolleyes: These are the trains with four jam packed standard class cars and one half empty premier class car. There is handwritten note sellotaped to the door which says passengers have to pay an extra €12.50 to sit there. Some of these 5 car (really 4 car) premier class trains used to be 6 car premier class trains. So we're minus a car, not plus a car like some people would have us believe.

IE is a joke. There's a picture of a man sitting on a fold up seat in one of the trains today. I suppose IE won't allow that happen any more for "health and safety" reasons, the argument being that it is safer for passengers to stand.

I'm not saying that stops will be dropped, but to me, given that the sets have been reformed, that would be the most sensible solution. Recast the timetable in such a way that reduces standing on Intercity services.

For the record I'm not trying to make anyone believe anything - I'm just pointing out that they have changed the original decision and have reinstated one coach on the premier sets so that they have one coach less than originally, rather than two, which is more sensible. The original idea was just far too severe, and had far too many 4 car sets and too few 3 car sets. This reconfiguration results in a more balanced fleet and allows for 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 car trains on all routes.

Again - I'll ask you - have you asked your government TDs why they voted in favour of subsidy cuts? That is what is causing IE to reform sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yeah :rolleyes: These are the trains with four jam packed standard class cars and one half empty premier class car. There is handwritten note sellotaped to the door which says passengers have to pay an extra €12.50 to sit there. Some of these 5 car (really 4 car trains - who can afford premier class?) premier class trains used to be 6 car premier class trains (5 cars standard class). So we're minus a car, not plus a car like some people would have us believe.

Just to note, the only trains with 1st class accomodation on the timetable are the 0750 Waterford-Dublin and 1835 Dublin-Waterford. If a train has a 1st class carriage on any other service, you are entitled to sit in the 1st class carriage with no supplement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

allows for 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 car trains on all routes.
    bar rosslare which can only have 3 or 4 and nothing else

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

are 2900s still running some services on the rosslare line? traveling friday so i hope i won't have to suffer one or one back saturday

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

are 2900s still running some services on the rosslare line? traveling friday so i hope i won't have to suffer one or one back saturday

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

3 car 22k - something I thought extinct - on the 17:25 ex Docklands. Already nearly full vestibules with standers. It's tight as a 4. If this service isn't washing its face commercially it's time to franchise it.

MYOB wrote: »
    3 car 22k - something I thought extinct - on the 17:25 ex Docklands. Already nearly full vestibules with standers. It's tight as a 4. If this service isn't washing its face commercially it's time to franchise it.

There are plenty of 3 car sets left, but most of them are on the Heuston side.

Once the reformation process is complete there will be:
    28 3-car sets
    25 4-car sets
    10 5-car Premier Class sets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

bar rosslare which can only have 3 or 4 and nothing else

Rosslare can take 5 cars

Rosslare can take 5 cars
    rathdrum can't though can it? if it can thats new to me as i always believed it was 4 at most, definitely no excuse for 29s on this service now, a general question but whats happening with cork? is it mostly ICRS operating that route now?

MYOB wrote: »
    franchise it to who though? would be a rather small service for an international or a private operator to take on would it not?

rathdrum can't though can it? if it can thats new to me as i always believed it was 4 at most, definitely no excuse for 29s on this service now, a general question but whats happening with cork? is it mostly ICRS operating that route now?

Weather it can take 5 or not, first class won't go to Connolly unless its to cover a set.

Cork is mainly 22's during the week but weekends not, so it does not matter, with less 4 piece sets being around since the 10 5 piece sets are being kept 29's will always be on Rosslare line at weekends to cope with demand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

A spare set or two would be stationed there, the bulk of light maintenance works would be carried between 10-3 most days, most of the morning arrivals in Heuston depart to Portloase before returning to Dublin at 15.00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

franchise it to who though? would be a rather small service for an international or a private operator to take on would it not?

More than just it that Irish Rail are clearly operating poorly; but there are examples of single route operated services in other countries.

Apart from trains being serviced, the sets are still being reformed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Csalem

Would it be like a UK franchise too where the Department for Transport specifies the timetable, the type of trains used and the level of service?

Csalem wrote: »
    Would it be like a UK franchise too where the Department for Transport specifies the timetable, the type of trains used and the level of service?

Only difference is nobody would want to operate the line as they don't make profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

We all know that train sizes are being changed around to hopefully alleviate some crowding issues on some services but I wonder are there now issues with the trains which have been shortened/lengthened? Recently there has been a spate of train delays across all routes caused by "mechanical issues". Are these caused by the sets being reconfigured to 4, 5 and 7 car trains?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    We all know that train sizes are being changed around to hopefully alleviate some crowding issues on some services but I wonder are there now issues with the trains which have been shortened/lengthened? Recently there has been a spate of train delays across all routes caused by "mechanical issues". Are these caused by the sets being reconfigured to 4, 5 and 7 car trains?

Every 6 months IE go through a phase of a load of mechanical faults together over week or two and then are fine again for another 6 months. It's a bit bizarre that it happens. One other factor this time round is while the fleets has being changed some other sets have being work more and could of missed scheduled works.

I have encountered 3 mechanical faults in the last 10 days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Why do IR not indicate the length of the train the way it is done in the UK. Adding a note to the list of stops would be all that is required.

A 2/4-car dart requires you to stand in a different part of the platform than a 6/8 car one. A bit of warning would save a dash up the platform, and would speed the train on to its destination.

• Advertisement

Was anyone on the 17.35 Heuston to Waterford train yesterday (Wednesday)? It was appalling. Boarding was delayed and when the station was eventually announced people had to stampede down to Platform 7, a good 500m walk or more. The train was right down at the end of the platform and it was only 4 cars. A lot of passengers were elderly and were clearly struggling to get to the train after waiting at the platform.

As per usual some people had to stand including some of the elderly passengers. One man was saying why should he give up his seat for an old day tripper who probably didn't pay for their ticket when he pays dearly for an annual ticket and is treated like s**t all year round. I can see his point but it's a sad day when passengers are so fed up with being badly treated on the train that they lose sympathy for those who are older or less capable.

If Iarnrod Eireann are going to continue to treat Waterford passengers in this way they should reduce the fare for Taxsaver passengers. The Waterford train doesn't run as often as trains on other lines and seems to be more crowded. I really think regular commuters should get some compensation as they are not getting the same value for their money as regular commuters on other lines.

I would like to start a thread on the Waterford train in another forum because I feel that there are too many shills here trying to silence people who complain about poor rail service.

There never seem to be any more than 4 cars on the Waterford train at peak time even though there it is obvious 6 would be filled no problem. The 18.35 sometimes has 5 cars - one first class car and 4 standard class cars. This is still 4 cars - 99% of people travel standard class.

Some stations on the Waterford line need upgrading badly. I have heard of people urinating in the car parks of certain stations because there are no working toilets near the train or the station toilets are locked. Is this 2013 or 1913? The stations were probably better maintained in 1913. If passengers on the Waterford line have to put up with a poor timetable, overcrowded trains and primitive stations then we shouldn't have to pay the current overinflated fares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭SeanW

If Iarnrod Eireann are going to continue to treat Waterford passengers in this way they should reduce the fare for Taxsaver passengers.
    I can definitely sympathise, but WADR, Waterford is far from unique, it's equally **** out Sligo/Longford way and likely other services as well. It was one of the reasons that I packed in the long commute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Keep hammering away here Emme ... your posts are always well written and to the point.

That 17:35 service should be a 6 car train - perhaps a unit failed?

The 18:35 service is scheduled as a set with first class - they are virtually all reformed as 5 piece sets at this stage.

There is a serious issue in terms of flexibility on the Waterford line in that no 7 car trains can travel along the route as the platforms at Kilkenny are too short to accommodate them - another short sighted decision.

As I said before, this overcrowding issued can really only be addressed by recasting the timetable and stopping patterns, and taking out some of the stops between Heuston and Kildare.

And as I said before - ask your government TDs why they voted for cutting the subsidy in 2014. Put some pressure back on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Some stations on the Waterford line need upgrading badly. I have heard of people urinating in the car parks of certain stations because there are no working toilets near the train or the station toilets are locked.

IE don't seem to give a rats ass about customers. New stations were built on the Maynooth line in the last 10 years and while the staff (when they are there) have lighting, heating, TV, WC and so on, customers have bus shelters on the platforms and nothing else.

The 18:35 service is scheduled as a set with first class - they are virtually all reformed as 5 piece sets at this stage.

There is a serious issue in terms of flexibility on the Waterford line in that no 7 car trains can travel along the route as the platforms at Kilkenny are too short to accommodate them - another short sighted decision.

As I said before, this overcrowding issued can really only be addressed by recasting the timetable and stopping patterns, and taking out some of the stops between Heuston and Kildare.

And as I said before - ask your government TDs why they voted for cutting the subsidy in 2014. Put some pressure back on them.

I alternate between the 17.35 and the 18.35 and one of these was a 6 car only once this month (January). Unfortunately I cannot remember the day or time but I nearly keeled over with surprise. A real train for once! But just for once.

• Advertisement

I travel on the 17.35 quite a bit. It has never been a 6 car any time I was on it this month (January). I alternate between the 17.35 and the 18.35 and one of these was a 6 car only once this month. Unfortunately I cannot remember the day or time but I nearly keeled over with surprise. A real train for once! And once it was.

Well the only consolation I can give you is that I believe the reformation process is almost complete, so going forward availability of units will improve (bear in mind that sets have had to be taken out of service for several days each time they are reformed), and as result I would expect that the 17:35 should be a six coach train each day.

The 18:35 will be a five coach train as it is designated as a service with first class.

Why does IE need a subsidy when they are ripping customers off left right and centre? Perhaps an enquiry or a substantial audit would be more in order.

Well the only consolation I can give you is that I believe the reformation process is almost complete, so going forward availability of units will improve (bear in mind that sets have had to be taken out of service for several days each time they are reformed), and as result I would expect that the 17:35 should be a six coach train each day.

The 18:35 will be a five coach train as it is designated as a service with first class.

Tell that to the passengers who had to endure the 17.35 Heuston to Waterford yesterday. Would and should won't provide more seats or enable passengers to travel in dignity.

You can dress it up any way you like but a five coach train with first class is a four coach train. A first class coach is invalid for the 99% standard class passengers unless they occupy it (now that's an idea :D)

Perhaps Iarnrod Eireann should invest more money in improving the service instead of in spin merchants and shills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Why does IE need a subsidy when they are ripping customers off left right and centre? Perhaps an enquiry or a substantial audit would be more in order.

Can ask what the cost of yearly tax saver ticket to Waterford costs?

Tell that to the passengers who had to endure the 17.35 Heuston to Waterford yesterday. Would and should won't provide more seats or enable passengers to travel in dignity.

You can dress it up any way you like but a five coach train with first class is a four coach train. A first class coach is invalid for the 99% standard class passengers unless they occupy it (now that's an idea :D)

Perhaps Iarnrod Eireann should invest more money in improving the service instead of in spin merchants and shills.

Look I'm only passing on the information I've learnt from elsewhere on the internet.

I'm sorry I bothered to even answer the post now, if you are just going to personally attack anyone who answers and call them shills.

Perhaps you should read the forum charter.

• Advertisement

Can ask what the cost of yearly tax saver ticket to Waterford costs?

€3,150 and with taxsaver it comes to around €2,000.00 as I'm not a high earner.

Look I'm only passing on the information I've learnt from elsewhere on the internet.

I'm sorry I bothered to even answer the post now, if you are just going to personally attack anyone who answers and call them shills.

Perhaps you should read the forum charter.

Fair enough. However, the information you are passing on regarding train sizes has been inaccurate so far.

Speaking of charters, does Iarnrod Eireann have a passenger charter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Fair enough. However, the information you are passing on regarding train sizes has been inaccurate so far.

Yes, its on the web site.

Why should taxsaver ticket holders get a reduction on their fares when its already reduced?

How are Irish Rail ripping people off exactly?

If you count the carriages and come up with 5 then its a 5 coach train :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

n97 mini wrote: »
    IE don't seem to give a rats ass about customers. New stations were built on the Maynooth line in the last 10 years and while the staff (when they are there) have lighting, heating, TV, WC and so on, customers have bus shelters on the platforms and nothing else.

What else do you want on a platform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

€3,150 and with taxsaver it comes to around €2,000.00 as I'm not a high earner.

Hardly rip off at €5.50 a day return :rolleyes:

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Yes, its on the web site.

Why should taxsaver ticket holders get a reduction on their fares when its already reduced?

It may be nominally reduced, but fewer people would travel on IE if the fares weren't reduced. If Taxsaver didn't exist fewer people could afford to commute on IE. Even with Taxsaver regular commuters (myself included) are finding it difficult to justify paying for train travel. Even at the taxsaver price we are paying a lot for the service we receive.

Passengers on the Waterford line should have a reduction because the train times are very limited. Passengers who travel up to and including Kildare should pay more than what they pay now. Why should someone who can avail of three times as many trains to Kildare pay less than someone who travels to say, Athy but has a limited choice. An annual taxsaver ticket to Kildare costs €2,300 before tax savings. An annual taxsaver ticket to Athy costs €2,900 before tax savings. So the Athy passenger has to pay more to travel just one stop down the line but has a far more limited choice of trains. I know of several people living in or around Athy who drive to Kildare station to get the train on account of this. These are people with demanding jobs who may not be able to clock off at a regular time. The last train to Carlow (taking in Athy) from Heuston leaves at 20.15. Even so the Athy platform is always fully packed in the mornings.

Perhaps the Government subsidy (withdrawn for 2014) was a way of reimbursing IE for taxsaver commuter tickets. It isn't fair to give commuters a hard time over this and we were being crammed onto trains well before the end of 2013. People were crowded in so much that some people were fainting and having asthma attacks.
    Hilly Bill wrote: »
    How are Irish Rail ripping people off exactly?

Irish Rail provide a poor service. Nobody can argue that the passengers on the 17.35 Heuston to Waterford train were ripped off yesterday. Boarding was delayed and when it was finally announced people had to walk a very long distance to a train where not everyone got a seat. Irish Rail may say passengers are not guaranteed a seat but trains are not equipped for a large number of standing passengers unlike the Luas. Have Irish Rail studied the age profile of passengers on each line? A large number of people who travel on the Waterford line are over 65 and not able to stand for a long time. Most of the commuters get off at Athy and beyond and should not be expected to stand for the entire journey. There are two stops before Athy at stations where passengers have more options. Few passengers get off at those stops.

If you count the carriages and come up with 5 then its a 5 coach train :).[/QUOTE]

There are 4 standard class carriages plus 1 first class carriage - so you're right, that's 5 carriages.

However, the train might be nominally 5 carriages but most passengers only have access to 4 carriages because they can't afford or won't pay for first class. If all passengers had access to all 5 carriages then it would be a 5 carriage train but for the 99% of travelers who don't go first class it might as well be 4 carriages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

I'm in complete shock reading this thread. A commuter train service is well patronised at peak times - the horror of it all :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Again, as I've posted before I do appreciate the fact that you're frustrated about this.

The information about train sizes that I've quoted is what should apply once the reformation process has completed - that has not happened as yet, but there are only a few sets left to finish, and as such the 17:35 should then be six coaches long going forward, as no sets will be out of traffic any more.

But to be perfectly honest it sounds to me like there was a train failure yesterday. The fact that the train was late boarding would suggest that was the issue, and that some juggling of trains had to take place. I suspect that the only option they had was to use a four coach train (I am guessing here).

As I've posted, seven coach trains cannot be used due to the platform lengths at Kilkenny. This seriously limits operational flexibility in terms of what can be sent as a replacement in the event of a train failure. Another ludicrous and very short sighted decision in terms of infrastructure planning, to add to the issues with platform lengths at Castlerea and Ballyhaunis on the Westport line.

The passenger charter is here:
    http://www.irishrail.ie/index.jsp?p=156&n=282

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

TINA1984 wrote: »
    I'm in complete shock reading this thread. A commuter train service is well patronised at peak times - the horror of it all :eek:

It's an intercity service. It isn't reasonable to expect people to stand over long distances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement