Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB personal loan question

Options
  • 05-11-2013 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi there

I applied for an AIB personal loan last week and got a letter stating I was "provisionally" approved for the loan with an enclosed approval notice, statement of details about the loan i applied for, and a credit agreement to sign. I'm just wondering what the "provisional" aspect of this approval is? Is it just provisional until receipt of the signed agreement ? How long does it take for the funds to be drawn down once the agreement is received ?

Also, I signed the credit agreement but didn't get chance to post it so I got someone else to do it but they for some reason removed the pages containing the approval notice and the credit details page , neither of which are part pf the credit agreement or have to be signed. Will they take the agreement dock,met by itself or bounce it back to me?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

pushpop wrote: »
    Hi there

I applied for an AIB personal loan last week and got a letter stating I was "provisionally" approved for the loan with an enclosed approval notice, statement of details about the loan i applied for, and a credit agreement to sign. I'm just wondering what the "provisional" aspect of this approval is? Is it just provisional until receipt of the signed agreement ? How long does it take for the funds to be drawn down once the agreement is received ?

Also, I signed the credit agreement but didn't get chance to post it so I got someone else to do it but they for some reason removed the pages containing the approval notice and the credit details page , neither of which are part pf the credit agreement or have to be signed. Will they take the agreement dock,met by itself or bounce it back to me?

Thanks

I applied for a top up loan, received a similar letter and forms to sign & send back. They will probably send it back to you as they did say in letter to return all pages. I forgot to sign waiver and they sent it back to me asking if I wanted to sign it, otherwise it would delay loan by another week, so I sent back & thursday and loan was in my account today, Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

Any idea what their approval rate is and how long they keep you waiting???I applied yesterday,i know It takes a few days just not sure how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lolilyj

im curious to how long you where waiting, i applied online lastnight and am worried they will want a guarantor for myself. did it happen to you?

lolilyj wrote: »
    im curious to how long you where waiting, i applied online lastnight and am worried they will want a guarantor for myself. did it happen to you?

I was waiting 2 weeks,got refused!

did they give you any reasonn?

• Advertisement

did they give you any reasonn?

That i wasn't saving enough!i'm going to apply again this week purely to see what happens this time around

i dont save anything with my bank, i get paid on a thursday and takje all my money out on a friday as the bank charges are to high. i got charged 60 odd this quartley alone. i wonder will that be my downfall. try it online

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I don't save anything either, only the odd €10 hear & there, plus I was living out of my overdraft at the time, so I've no idea how the approved my loan! What do they base their criteria on? I know I have a good track record with repayments, so maybe that's one thing going for me, who knows!

Loan application #2

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    Loan application #2

I got approved yesterday and today my acc had s loan balance but still says 0.00 don't no when the money will actually be in the acc

• Advertisement

I got approved yesterday and today my acc had s loan balance but still says 0.00 don't no when the money will actually be in the acc

Congrats on getting approved,did you need savings to get approved?that was my downfall but i'll keep applying until i do get approved.

Advertisement