Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Line Fault

Options
  • 05-11-2013 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

My phone line is randomly down over the last week or so. At the moment there is no dial tone, cannot receive or make calls.

The broadband we have is adsl2 24mb which usually gives that speed or close to it. At the moment its giving 3mb and a very low upload speed.

Just to reiterate the broadband is working at a very low speed however the dial tone is not present.

The router is syncing at the normal 24Mb.

Appears to be a fault on the line, could someone please advise

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

nuxxx wrote: »
    Hey,

My phone line is randomly down over the last week or so. At the moment there is no dial tone, cannot receive or make calls.

The broadband we have is adsl2 24mb which usually gives that speed or close to it. At the moment its giving 3mb and a very low upload speed.

Just to reiterate the broadband is working at a very low speed however the dial tone is not present.

The router is syncing at the normal 24Mb.

Appears to be a fault on the line, could someone please advise

Thanks.
    Hi nuxxx,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I tested the line and broadband connection. Both are testing ok, is there still no dial tone?

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

appears to be fine now,  broadband speed is also back to what it was

thanks Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

nuxxx wrote: »
    appears to be fine now,  broadband speed is also back to what it was

thanks Mark
    No problem nuxxx

Thanks for letting us know.

Mark

Advertisement