Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

playstation 3 fix help

• 05-11-2013 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All
    1st time to post and I hope someone can help me.

Playstation 3 was working fine until last Saturday. I shut it down and came back a few hours later and it would not load up. I kept getting a message saying "no signal" although i hadnt touched any of the wiring? SO, I unplugged the AV wires from the TV and took the HDMI cable from the back of the SkyBox and plugged that into the PS3 instead. That worked fine and I played for about 40mins and then the game froze. Nothing I did would unstick it so I had to turn it off at the mains. Then when I turned it on again, I got the same message "no signal". Nothing i did thereafter, sorted that out. So I got another TV and plugged that in via HDMI and that worked, for about another 2 hours and then the game froze again and I had to turn that one off at the mains as well. When I went back to re-load the system, the same message appeared on the new TV screen "no signal" and i could not get it to work again. As a last resort I got another TV which only had AV sockets and tried that this morning with the 3 cables. That worked for about 10 mins and then the screen went blank and the dreaded "no signal" message came up.

Im not tech savvy so I need to know if the PS3 is knackered or can it be fixed. I have googled this to death and the standard solution of holding the on/off switch for the 2nd beep to reset the screen doesnt work. Is this a hard drive problem?The guy i normally get to fix my tech stuff says its probably a loose HDMI port but I dont think so because its not working with the AV cables either...

Can anyone help me on this. Im getting withdrawal symptoms at this stage..

Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sounds like the RSX chip {graphics chip} is on the way out. The console will prob YLOD soon enough. Reball or reflow are the recommended repair methods for this afaik, costly though.

Advertisement