Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad smell - dead rodents found

Options
  • 05-11-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

I moved into my apartment almost 3 months ago. When we viewed the apartment the window in the kitchen was open so we didn't notice any smell. On the second day after we moved in we went out for the day and when we came back the entire apartment stank - like a really intense wet dog kind of smell. The landlord got a handy man in who didn't get to the root of the problem. After 3 weeks he came back in again and pulled out all the skirting boards and found a dead mouse in a trap. We thought that was it, but the next morning the smell was still as bad. The handyman had to come back in, which he did yesterday - 2 weeks later. When he pulled out some of the insulation he found 2 dead rats in the fiber glass. Given the length of time it took to find the cause of the problem, and the fact that we have been unable to sit in our kitchen since moving in, I feel that we should be given some form of compensation. Has anyone had a similar problem and what was the outcome?
    Thanks!

Advertisement