Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Gen / League Future?

Options
  • 05-11-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what the thoughts are on the 2 next gen consoles, who's getting what?
    I enjoy this league so much that it will likely have a factor on which console I buy first (will hopefully have both eventually).

Are we facing a split league or will we all end up with shiney Xbox One's in time for Madden 26 / Madden 15?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Personally I have no idea, I'd lean towards getting the new Xbox at some point but it will likely not be until mid next year before I get it.

If we have enough numbers we will hopefully have a league on both, but hopefully we see most players going for the same console so that we can keep the numbers in the league we currently have rather than just 2 leagues with 10 players in each.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I definitely won't be buying one til next year at the earliest, however for me it's very much league driven. If here and the PFL still have quality 360 leagues then ill delay getting the new console

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Same with myself, I won't be going next gen until probably spring next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'll be getting an Xbox One at Christmas.

I will keep my 360 involved for Madden 25 and GTA, but if I'm being honest, I'm debating whether or not to return for season 2 in this league as I'm in 2 leagues over on MaddenPFL and this league is moving a bit slowly for my liking. Nothing decided yet though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I'll be getting an Xbox One at Christmas.

I will keep my 360 involved for Madden 25 and GTA, but if I'm being honest, I'm debating whether or not to return for season 2 in this league as I'm in 2 leagues over on MaddenPFL and this league is moving a bit slowly for my liking. Nothing decided yet though.
    For you have come to realise we are about to enter an era of Kansas City Chiefs dominance,MUHHAHAHAHAAH.....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mikey.. Like the girl you bring to prom that goes off with the QB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Probably be Xbox one for me, again not till the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Do not leave Mikey

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think I might go PS4, although it definitely wouldn't be until Madden 15. I've seen lots of comparison videos from neutral sources where the PS4 looks to be the better console and a couple of NBA2K14 devs said they would rather the PS4 too according to Pasta Padre, which seems to be telling.

Of course I only really play Madden online competitively, the odd bit of GTA and COD and then FIFA with the lads so like Nelbert I'll be influenced by what others here go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Paully D wrote: »
    I think I might go PS4, although it definitely wouldn't be until Madden 15. I've seen lots of comparison videos from neutral sources where the PS4 looks to be the better console and a couple of NBA2K14 devs said they would rather the PS4 too according to Pasta Padre, which seems to be telling.

Of course I only really play Madden online competitively, the odd bit of GTA and COD and then FIFA with the lads so like Nelbert I'll be influenced by what others here go for.

Well all going well ill be getting one of the consoles for Christmas off the boss of the house so if you could all decide by then I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I hope to have both by next August.... huge fan of disposalable income. But I was curious as to what everyone was thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

When all the hype was going on about both consoles I was of the opinion that the xbox one was the more all round console with the next kinect and all that but when I thought about it, I have no need for that side of the console, I don't use the xbox as a media device really, I rarely use it in my main sitting room, I use it in my "game room" and would be better suited to which ever is the better gaming console, madden and cod would be my main games... So I'll also probably do what the majority do here and on the PFL (Berty please get me into the damn Pro!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I will probably go with the with xbox one but as ive just invested in a new 48'' Tele, when it is very much up in the air, it'll be next year at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

I will probably go with the with xbox one but as ive just invested in a new 48'' Tele, when it is very much up in the air, it'll be next year at some stage.

48" tv? Very precise! Thought it was 46 then 50 was the next jump..... What you get? The man cave is yearning for a new tv.

Nelbert wrote: »
    Well all going well ill be getting one of the consoles for Christmas off the boss of the house so if you could all decide by then I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I hope to have both by next August.... huge fan of disposalable income. But I was curious as to what everyone was thinking.

If you haven't got one pre-ordered since a while back I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting one for Christmas mate. A lot of people seem to be saying it will be extremely difficult. Whether that's true or not, I've no idea.

If you are picking one I'd go with Xbox One. I'd imagine the majority here will go for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    ... So I'll also probably do what the majority do here and on the PFL (Berty please get me into the damn Pro!!!!)
    Its a very slow process Padraic but it will happen !

Dunno which way I will go yet but most likely heavily influenced by what the maddenpfl community go with. Any new console purchase will probably coincide with a Madden release so next August possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

The same as everyone else. Whichever is the most popular with the Madden leagues. Also it probably won't be until late next year anyway.

Anybody made their mind up on what they're going to do?

I'm 99% getting a PS4, just have to wait until they're restocked, so it'll probably be at the start of the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Anybody made their mind up on what they're going to do?

I'm 99% getting a PS4, just have to wait until they're restocked, so it'll probably be at the start of the new year.

Think preorders for PS4 are 3-1 over Xbox right now, so likelihood is that a lot of the people you game with now are going to switch over.

For me, I currently have new FIFA, Madden and GTA V to tie me over well into next year, as I don't see a big enough difference yet in those games on next gen to justify getting an early release.

Think you'll find a lot of people won't make their mind up until summer next year, right before the likes of Madden 15 etc come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Won't be doing anything until next summer

Same as most everyone here

I'll be on Xbox One, getting one at Xmas.

I've heard the next gen Madden 25 is streets ahead of current gen, by the way, but I won't be playing Madden on it until M15.

• Advertisement

I'm going to go with the Xbox One too.

X1 for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Ye same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Xbox 1 for me really sorry i didn't pre order now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

What is the deciding factor for you guys? I'm still undecided

The playstation controller, I've never understood it.

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    What is the deciding factor for you guys? I'm still undecided

The games for me.

Never liked the PS exclusives. Killzone, Uncharted etc just don't interest me. Whereas I need Forza, Titanfall looks outrageous and then Halo down the line.

Also, for those who didn't pre-order, neither did I until last week I found the Italian Amazon still had Day One editions available, the ones that include Forza for free. In fact, I think they still do so check www.amazon.it, google chrome should translate it for you and you could have it by the first week in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can anyone remember from the xbox 360 or ps3, or have a guess at how much the price will fall by Autumn? Or will it?

Raoul wrote: »
    Can anyone remember from the xbox 360 or ps3, or have a guess at how much the price will fall by Autumn? Or will it?

Here's the history of the last gens price cuts http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Price_cuts

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The games for me.

Never liked the PS exclusives. Killzone, Uncharted etc just don't interest me. Whereas I need Forza, Titanfall looks outrageous and then Halo down the line.

Also, for those who didn't pre-order, neither did I until last week I found the Italian Amazon still had Day One editions available, the ones that include Forza for free. In fact, I think they still do so check www.amazon.it, google chrome should translate it for you and you could have it by the first week in December.

Same here mikey, i got the xbox 360 for halo. I'd get it for Titanfall, but i'd not be buying until at least the new Madden came out i'd say if not later

Advertisement