Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Gen / League Future?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,658 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just bought an xbox one, should have it before Christmas. Still be using the 360 for this league and a few other bits after christmas.

Anyone have any interest in setting up an xbox one league in the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Just bought an xbox one, should have it before Christmas. Still be using the 360 for this league and a few other bits after christmas.

Anyone have any interest in setting up an xbox one league in the new year?

I just ordered off the MS online store. 3-7 businsess days and confirmed in stock! 23rd of Dec worst case scenario.

My birthday is late February so me thinks that could be PS4 time.......

I'd be up for the Xbox One league, have a few trade ins to make but will be a bit weird to have Madden 25 on two generations of console at the same time but I enjoy this league too much to give up my 360 at the moment! Would trade it in tomorrow if we all could migrate to Xbox One.

Nelbert wrote: »
    I just ordered off the MS online store. 3-7 businsess days and confirmed in stock! 23rd of Dec worst case scenario.

My birthday is late February so me thinks that could be PS4 time.......

I'd be up for the Xbox One league, have a few trade ins to make but will be a bit weird to have Madden 25 on two generations of console at the same time but I enjoy this league too much to give up my 360 at the moment! Would trade it in tomorrow if we all could migrate to Xbox One.

Originally the plan was to not get Madden 25 until the new year sometime, and just stick to playing in on the 360.

But I heard Gamestop are taking trade-ins of the 360 version for the 1 and it only costs €15. So I might bite the bullet and just start playing it next gen straight away.

Originally the plan was to not get Madden 25 until the new year sometime, and just stick to playing in on the 360.

But I heard Gamestop are taking trade-ins of the 360 version for the 1 and it only costs €15. So I might bite the bullet and just start playing it next gen straight away.

Blasphemy! I couldn't bare that many CPU games in an online franchise unless everyone was in a position to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So, so tempted to purchase an Xbox One but logistics mean the 360 would have to make way if I did. That's the thing that will stop me as like Nelbert said, I also get too much enjoyment from this franchise to give it up at the moment. I might as well get another few months out of the 360 before I switch over for Madden 15 and hopefully the price may have dropped a bit or better bundles will be out by then :)

• Advertisement

Just an FYI. Noticed the Xbox one games are fairly rigidly around €60-65

Hit up an old source play-Asia . Com region free US Madden for under €50 including delivery. Will use the gamestop vouchers I get for an extra controller and play and charge kits.

So I eh kind of couldn't help myself and traded in for the next gen version :o

I have to say lads, it feels like a much bigger improvement already, from just playing a few offline games vs the CPU. There's a lot more moves like stutter steps with the left stick, and you can see the D-line battle with the O-line and it just makes it a lot more interesting and fun. You can actually throw off blocks and hold off defenders in this version. QB scrambles are great too.

Only negative is the way it seems to zoom in when you're breaking away, sometimes you can't see defenders coming at you from the side.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I have to say lads, it feels like a much bigger improvement already, from just playing a few offline games vs the CPU. There's a lot more moves like stutter steps with the left stick, and you can see the D-line battle with the O-line and it just makes it a lot more interesting and fun. You can actually throw off blocks and hold off defenders in this version. QB scrambles are great too.

Only negative is the way it seems to zoom in when you're breaking away, sometimes you can't see defenders coming at you from the side.

You cheated on us :(:(:(

You cheated on us :(:(:(

If it's any consolation my Xbox One and Madden arrived today...... Even my boss asked why I was still there after lunch or hadn't hooked it up to the monitor in work......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Will everyone **** off with their Xbox One's :pac:

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Will everyone **** off with their Xbox One's :pac:

I'm keeping my 360 until you all catch up!

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

This doesn't sound great to me to be honest. ha.

Just been playing Madden on Xbox One for most of the afternoon. It is far superior to the 360 version. Changing direction with a RB and weaving in and out with no drop in speed is gone! Cuts are effective when timed and used well. Foot planting on a cut is important.

How many are gonna have Xbox One's by January? Due to a mix up with pre orders etc. I've ended up with both an Xbox One and a PS4 (one of which is a very early birthday present) so my PS3 is getting traded in and if it wasn't for this league I'd be trading in the 360 too as it'll be the only game I'll be playing that isn't next gen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Another cheater! If my wife has got me a XBO I shall be deleting all of these comments!

This league is the only reason my 360 hasn't been sold already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Getting one in January don't think I'm going to get madden for it planning on staying in the leagues here and pfl till the new madden is out in the summer.

I think everyone should sell a kidney and get Xbox One and Madden.

I think everyone should sell a kidney and get Xbox One and Madden.

I approve of this.

Join us.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Just been playing Madden on Xbox One for most of the afternoon. It is far superior to the 360 version. Changing direction with a RB and weaving in and out with no drop in speed is gone! Cuts are effective when timed and used well. Foot planting on a cut is important.

How many are gonna have Xbox One's by January? Due to a mix up with pre orders etc. I've ended up with both an Xbox One and a PS4 (one of which is a very early birthday present) so my PS3 is getting traded in and if it wasn't for this league I'd be trading in the 360 too as it'll be the only game I'll be playing that isn't next gen.

So what ur saying is that the run game is even more overpowered on xbox one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Quick adjustment and I'll be online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Quick adjustment and I'll be online

My xbox has decided that it didn't want to download over night so it's only on 70%...I really am sorry, if it isn't done by 12 I'll just give you the auto win gatsby

guns4all wrote: »
    So what ur saying is that the run game is even more overpowered on xbox one?

No the opposite. Timing your cuts is crucial. Changing direction slows you down accordingly.

The run game's definitely a lot more realistic.

Same goes for kick returns. They were ridiculous on the 360, I'd say about 7/10 times once you just cut to the left sideline you were gone untouched.

Advertisement