Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Releases: What to get?

• 05-11-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I managed to keep a good bit of money and there is a list of games I would really love to have this weekend.

Assassin's Creed 4
    Batman: Arkham Origins
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Battlefield 4
    WWE 2K14

What would everyone recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

It depends on the type of game you want really, personally I prefer the shooters from that list but the only one of those I have is COD and I think it is worse than BLOPS2, that is just from a couple of hours of multiplayer as I haven't played the campaign. I played the beta of BF4 and found it to be much better than COD personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

All of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

dor83 wrote: »
    It depends on the type of game you want really, personally I prefer the shooters from that list but the only one of those I have is COD and I think it is worse than BLOPS2, that is just from a couple of hours of multiplayer as I haven't played the campaign. I played the beta of BF4 and found it to be much better than COD personally.

Yeah I played the Battlefield 4 Beta myself, found it very good. I heart-brokenly sold BF3 today along with a load of other titles I didn't plan on playing for the time being. Managed to get 40quid on a gift card so I'm gona use another 10-20 to get one of these. I have been leaning towards BF4 though. I haven't finished Batman (I'm playing the games backwards like an idiot. Started on Arkham City and now I'm playing Arkham Asylum). I never got the urge to play AC4 yet despite flying through AC3 recently. I'm after buying a load of COD games so getting Ghosts would only serve as a collection addition as-well as playing it a lot. WWE 2K14, because it's WWE :P ..

But yeah, long story short, I might get BF4 out of the list now that I think about it
    All of them.

Oh don't I wish I could :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Well either B4 or COD, WWE and either AC4 or Batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

You can't leave out Forza, the finest racer ever made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I think one of the others hit the nail on the head its whatever your into really.

Assassin's Creed 4 - I've never enjoyed these games. I honestly dont see their appeal. So much repitition. Look gorgeous dont get me wrong but gameplay for me just isnt there.
    Batman: Arkham Origins - I'll be picking this up at some point but not at full price.
    Call of Duty: Ghosts - No interest in COD games for two reasons. Just way to many kids playing it and I am rubbish at it. :D
    WWE 2K14 - God theres a blast from the past. Havent played a WWE game since they were WWF games on the N64. Are they any good?

So the one I would buy is Battlefield 4. It looks stunning from what I've seen online. Loved BF2. Didnt get BF3 due to other games.

I'm very tempted to get it myself but its hard to justify when I'm still playing Halo 4 which I bought at launch. Now thats value for money right there!! ... and I still havent played the campaign... yet.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,507 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

BF4 is great, even on the current gen.

The new modes that they introduced work really well. Obliteration mode is genius. I was playing a game of it yesterday that took 40 minutes for one round because both teams were so evenly matched

There's also a new counter strike mode (defuse) which is good craic and really promotes team work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Assassins creed 4, best pirate game of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 wombleer

Played BF4 and it is real good, but also have just picked up the new Splinter cell. Good main story mode and generally decent multiplayer. It comes in cheaper than the rest too.

Heard mixed reviews about the new Batman, as it seemingly has a lot of bugs in it. Ill wait until batman, ac4 drop in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

dead rising 3 looks good but no doubt it will be repetitive after a while, 1000 different ways to kill zombies, im getting it just for a bit of crack

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The only games I am interested in are Killer Instinct, Peggle 2 (because Peggle is the nuts) and Battlefield 4.

I'll be selling Forza and all the Day One special edition DLC if I do not sell the One. That should pay for an extra game and an extra controller.

Advertisement