Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embassy appointment this morning - didn't pay fraud fee.

Options
  • 05-11-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I went to the US embassy this morning for a non immigrant visa. While there, no one asked me to pay the $500 fraud prevention and detection fee. When I got to the last window, I asked the person where I should pay my fee and he said all my fees are paid. He said my visa was approved and would be sent out, so I left.
    However I think now there was probably some crossed wires, and I definitely should have paid the fee!! I was unable to get anyone in the embassy on the phone this afternoon, so I just sent them an email and explained the problem.
    Has anyone come across this before? I'm just worried it's going to hold up my visa now and I need to travel in 2 weeks, any advice appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I've never heard of that fee. How would $500 prevent fraud?
    What kind of visa did you go for exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

sounds a bit hokey to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The fee does exist, for certain classes of applicants.

OP - what type of visa are you applying for? It's quite possible the staff member had their wires crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

it exists - we had to pay it for L1 visas

I don't think it exists for other visa catagories, but am willing to be corrected

Advertisement