Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House emergency?

Options
  • 05-11-2013 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Okay so I had a medical emergency and the only person around to mind the house while while I've been in hospital the last month was my 18 year old sister. She's always been a slob but I had no idea what I was going to walk in on. I nearly called the guards I thought someone had broken in to my house.

There is plates full of mouldy food around. Piles of smelly dirty clothes everywhere. The place actually smells like something died in it. I've been staying in a bed and breakfast because I nearly got sick when I got home and can't face cleaning it. I literally cannot walk anywhere without breaking something or standing on something disgusting. I'd say the place would be cleaner if junkies broke in and lived there for the month. Trust me, if anything im under exadurating.

Im absolutely too mortified to ask anyone to help me clean the place and I was thinking of ringing a cleaner, but does anyone know if there's any cleaner out there who would dare challenge this place? Luckily my daughter has been living with her dad while ive been ill and I explained the situation and he is going to continue minding her until this is sorted, because she would be safer living on the street than in that house its that bad.

I am so angry and upset I cant even begin to explain, anyone who could help I would be hugely appreciative :'(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I hope you feel better soon, and the second you're back to the whole of your health, you call around and give your sister a clip around the ear. Selfish little bitch.

If you google "deep clean ireland residential" you'll find quite a few places that will come and do it, but to be honest, I wouldn't feel ashamed in asking for help. I can guarantee while you were in hospital lots of people will have said "If there's anything I can do...". Some of them will even have meant it :) Call your friends, explain the situation, and ask if a posse could turn up on Saturday to help nuke the place. Buy a few packs of heavy duty rubber gloves, black plastic sacks, and shell out for pizza/Chinese for everyone at the end.

To be honest, if your sister has a facebook account, I'd take photos of the place, post them on facebook and tag her in the pictures, saying this is how she left the place for a convalescent. I'm getting annoyed on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MamaBee92

Thoie wrote: »
    I hope you feel better soon, and the second you're back to the whole of your health, you call around and give your sister a clip around the ear. Selfish little bitch.

If you google "deep clean ireland residential" you'll find quite a few places that will come and do it, but to be honest, I wouldn't feel ashamed in asking for help. I can guarantee while you were in hospital lots of people will have said "If there's anything I can do...". Some of them will even have meant it :) Call your friends, explain the situation, and ask if a posse could turn up on Saturday to help nuke the place. Buy a few packs of heavy duty rubber gloves, black plastic sacks, and shell out for pizza/Chinese for everyone at the end.

To be honest, if your sister has a facebook account, I'd take photos of the place, post them on facebook and tag her in the pictures, saying this is how she left the place for a convalescent. I'm getting annoyed on your behalf.

Thanks for that Thoie. My sister got more than a clip around the ear I assure you. She's at the mercy of my trad irish mother now, it's been a long time since I tattle taled but she deserved it. Havent spoken to her since and she has absolutely no interest in cleaning up her mess. Typical spoilt brat. To be honest, all I want to do is pretend this didnt happen. I want to avoid stress at all costs, which is one of the reasons I want to take the lazy route lol. Im only 22 myself but have been living away from home since I was 16 and I honestly cant understand how someone can live like this. I mean, im not exactly mrs sheen, I have been known to leave a few stray socks around and maybe a few plates in the sink, but I would actually find it difficult to make eevn half the mess she has. Its revolting. Ive smelt homeless people that have a more pleasant aroma than my house. No offence to homeless people btw ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

Where are you based? I might be able to recommend a cleaning company.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    As for that sister I think if she was mine I would make her clean the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MamaBee92

puss wrote: »
    Where are you based? I might be able to recommend a cleaning company.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    As for that sister I think if she was mine I would make her clean the house.

Hi puss, I'm in South Co Dub. Near Dun Laoghaire area

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

Sorry cant help you out so but I am sure any cleaning company would clean the house for you. They do that type of work all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Oh, and to save your stress levels while recuperating, bundle up all your dirty clothes into a big sack and drop them somewhere that does a wash, dry, fold/iron. It's amazing how getting rid of the laundry will help make things more manageable. If they're her clothes, then black plastic sack and put it out in the garden as they are - see how much a damp sack will improve the smell for her.

And I really would shame her on Facebook or whatever social media she uses - let her friends see what she left behind (it's highly likely some of them were involved as well).

Advertisement