Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Outlook

Options
  • 05-11-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

When I open outlook the following message comes up Cannot display folder cannot connect to server and it fails to load. Can someone tell me how to fix outlook so it can send and receive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

karolmc100 wrote: »
    When I open outlook the following message comes up Cannot display folder cannot connect to server and it fails to load. Can someone tell me how to fix outlook so it can send and receive

it means your pst file is mapped to a network or usb drive that is no longer there

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭karolmc100

how can I ix this

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭karolmc100

how can I fix this

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Go to the Control Panel, and search for mail.

Open Mail then click on data files and see where the pst is located.

As suggested it sounds like its on a network or a drive thats not available.

Post the location here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Also try to connect to the server and send and receive again. It may be that the mail server has disconnected because Outlook is checking for mail too often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Johnnyowl

I'm having similar difficulties but when I now try to start Office Outlook (Win7, 64 Office 2003) my message says
    "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists".
    I have contacted Vodafone (no reply so far, perhaps they're not responding weekends?).
    I tried the above advice but when I try to 'view or change existing email accounts' and press the 'Test Account Settings' I get 'Congratulations! All tests completed successfully'.
    Am I missing something here?
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

In case you PST got any kind of damage then use ScanPST.exe. It is an in-built utility with free of cost.Just go through Microsoft technical support website to know required steps for damage control.

I hope, you would be able to troubleshoot your problem as soon possible.

Regards:
    Jane

Advertisement