Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red light on power pack

Options
  • 05-11-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi kids have just informed me there is red light on power pack of the xbox it's about 18 months old and it will play games for about 40 mins or so and then stop. Can this be fixed or do I need a new power supply , cheers in advance .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sounds like the power supply is on the way out. They're sealed units & repairing them isn't recommended. You can buy a brand new official one from MS directly, for between €20/€30 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

Myrddin wrote: »
    Sounds like the power supply is on the way out. They're sealed units & repairing them isn't recommended. You can buy a brand new official one from MS directly, for between €20/€30 I think

That's great thanks , do I just ring them up and order it , or does warranty have to be in place .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

madred006 wrote: »
    That's great thanks , do I just ring them up and order it , or does warranty have to be in place .

It happened me last year, I done it through the service section on their website I think. My console was out of warranty, so I got billed for the replacement part which arrived a few days later.

Here's the link - https://myservice.xbox.com/en-US/Pages/Welcome.aspx

Advertisement