Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance

Options
  • 05-11-2013 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi!
    I recently visited CIT and really liked it. I would love to attend CIT next year but I am just wondering do many people from outside Cork attend? I'm from Sligo! Would many people from that far away attend CIT? Regardless I would love to go to CIT but I'm just wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Hi!
    I recently visited CIT and really liked it. I would love to attend CIT next year but I am just wondering do many people from outside Cork attend? I'm from Sligo! Would many people from that far away attend CIT? Regardless I would love to go to CIT but I'm just wondering.

Yeah people from everywhere attend CIT every year, there are international students from all corners from the globe, and irish students from basically every county. I believe its over 2000 new students this year alone in the college.

What course were you hoping to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Thanks!,
    I'm hoping to do Tourism in CIT as it's a Level 8 course. I was also really impressed with the facilities at CIT particularly the new Tourism building :)
    It would be strange going somewhere that I would know absolutely no one but it would also be exciting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Thanks!,
    I'm hoping to do Tourism in CIT as it's a Level 8 course. I was also really impressed with the facilities at CIT particularly the new Tourism building :)
    It would be strange going somewhere that I would know absolutely no one but it would also be exciting :)
    You would be grand doing tourism, there are a nice few in the classes a good mix of males and females, and there is a huge range of societies in CIT , the main thing is to put yourself out there and get involved in sports or societies or both.

The one thing I do say is enjoy yourself, but at the same time I would tell everyone do you best to attend every class, and put in a good effort with the continuous assessments and you will sail it. Most people that fail something is often down to poor attendance and not doing all the continuous assessments. You would be really surprised how much you learn by being there and paying attention, and how quickly it can be remembered then when you go to study.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Yeah, With the amount of money it will be costing to attend college I will be trying to get as much out of it as I can, Really hope I get the points and entry requirements now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Yeah, the atriums in CIT are like two massive magnets for the lazy and unmotivated. Then comes the end of the year, and you're in trouble! :) So yeah, have fun - but DO attend classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

You would be grand doing tourism, there are a nice few in the classes a good mix of males and females, and there is a huge range of societies in CIT , the main thing is to put yourself out there and get involved in sports or societies or both.

The one thing I do say is enjoy yourself, but at the same time I would tell everyone do you best to attend every class, and put in a good effort with the continuous assessments and you will sail it. Most people that fail something is often down to poor attendance and not doing all the continuous assessments. You would be really surprised how much you learn by being there and paying attention, and how quickly it can be remembered then when you go to study.

Best of luck.

Excellent advice. College will be a breeze. It is all about attending your classes and putting in effort with the continuous assessments. Its a nice feeling having a big lump of the final mark already in your back pocket before you even sit the final exam.

CIT is grand. Was there when it was the RTC and years later again when it became CIT. There has been a massive improvement. When I was in school it was looked down on as a place to go after school, in my opinion it is right up there with the traditional universities now.

Advertisement