Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas beers

Options
  • 05-11-2013 8:49pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Soo who is interested in a Kildare beers?

My prefered location is of course Maynooth but anywhere between here and Naas is fine.

What Day? 5 votes

Thursday Nov 21st
    0% 0 votes
    Friday Nov 22nd
    20% 1 vote
    Thursday Nov 28th
    0% 0 votes
    Friday Nov 29th
    0% 0 votes
    Thursday Dec 5th
    80% 4 votes
    Friday Dec 6th
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I'd be up for a beers, especially if it's a Maynooth beers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I'd go for a couple. Maynooth for me as well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Maynooth beers sounds good to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

WHen suits?
    Thge 1st 2 weeks in Dec are bad for me with but Nov and the end of Dec are good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thursday,Fri or Sat night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I'd be on or that as well(Maynooth beers). Not pushed when it is. If i'm available i'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Tea and mikados in Athy on the 4th of December.

Maybe just pick 3 or 4 possible weeks and stick up a poll? Thursday nights usually suit me, and I should be able to make a Friday or Saturday night free with enough notice.

anyone else?:)

I think the 29th is the best bet?
    It is just after pay day!

Could we make the poll a multiple choice one?

I can't do the 29th or the 6th. But the other dates are good with me.

• Advertisement

I should be good for any day I think. No major plans coming up that I can't move/cut short unless my dog sitter lets me down!

Orion wrote: »
    Could we make the poll a multiple choice one?

I can't do the 29th or the 6th. But the other dates are good with me.

I thought of that after I tried to vote and choose multiple dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

Me thinks there is a North Kildare bias here. Why is only between Naas and Maynooth good for beers...hum has there ever been a South Kildare venue picked???

• Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wordless wrote: »
    Me thinks there is a North Kildare bias here. Why is only between Naas and Maynooth good for beers...hum has there ever been a South Kildare venue picked???

Nobody has yet suggested or asked for one. No bias, just no interest.

As MYOB said. Nothing stopping you arranging a South Kildare beers too. It's just that a lot of regulars here live in or near Maynooth so that's where our preference will be.

I have asked the mods to edit the poll so it is multiple choice.
    13th is out for me.

I hadn't seen it was North Kildare beers. Must wear my glasses. I thought someone had mentioned Athy. Still the old north/ south divide!

MYOB wrote: »
    Nobody has yet suggested or asked for one. No bias, just no interest.

Sorry but the op did say Kildare. Cest le vie!

Wordless wrote: »
    I hadn't seen it was North Kildare beers. Must wear my glasses. I thought someone had mentioned Athy. Still the old north/ south divide!

It's not strictly North Kildare beers. Nobody is excluding South Kildare. OP lives in North Kildare, and said she would like to organise a beers, specifying how far she was willing to travel. Others came on and agreed that Maynooth would suit them best. Someone suggested Athy, and if more people had voted somewhere in that region, then that location would have been selected, but the people from North Kildare probably would not have travelled because it's a bit too far for us, just like (judging by your tone) you see Maynooth as too far for you.

There is no North/South divide going on here, just 'what location suits the most people, from those who have posted in this thread.'

It's not strictly North Kildare beers. Nobody is excluding South Kildare. OP lives in North Kildare, and said she would like to organise a beers, specifying how far she was willing to travel. Others came on and agreed that Maynooth would suit them best. Someone suggested Athy, and if more people had voted somewhere in that region, then that location would have been selected, but the people from North Kildare probably would not have travelled because it's a bit too far for us, just like (judging by your tone) you see Maynooth as too far for you.

There is no North/South divide going on here, just 'what location suits the most people, from those who have posted in this thread.'

Tone is an odd thing like that, I certainly put the cat among the pigeons, my original comment was tongue in cheek. Then someone said there was nothing stopping me setting up a south Kildare beers suggesting this one was a North Kildare one.Maybe I can't read right [joke]

• Advertisement

So, Athy then?

Advertisement