Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net mail problem

Options
  • 05-11-2013 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I haven't been able to access my email account for about two days now. I cannot get to the sign in page. I normally use my bookmarked link in firefox. That link address is to secure.eircom.net/email. It does not connect. Then I’ve tried the general site at www.eircom.net and clicked the email link and ‘nothing’. It simply won’t connect.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Have you tried using a different web browser?

Who's your ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

i'd normally belt in webmail.eircom.net and it redirects to https://secure.eircom.net/email

all working ok at the moment

Works for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Thanks for replies,

I've had the mail account for 7 years and never had a problem.
    Am using Firefox and '3' broadband.
    Its day 3 and still the same.

Try clearing your cache and cookies, and also try using another browser instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

there was a webmail outage but it should be back now... all 35 servers were restarted

Thank you all. Email is back to normal.

I did notice that I had two mails, 'notices of failure to deliver'. I checked the 'sent to' addresses and I did not recognise them and certainly did not send them. Perhaps that had something to do with it.
    However all is back to normal.
    Thanks again.

Glad to hear you got sorted in the end.

Perhaps the emails that failed were old emails in the Outbox in Outlook, or Eircom were sending test emails. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I checked the 'sent to' addresses and I did not recognise them and certainly did not send them. Perhaps that had something to do with it.

Just a point - that's odd behaviour. Is your Anti Virus up to date?

Just to say everythings is still ok. The non delivered emails were very strange. I do update my antivirus and antispyware at least 4 times a week and my cookies, cache and bowsing history are deleted at least 3/4 times a day. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Desmond Murphy

Maybe you can help me with this "Grant donation" which seems to have latched on to my account

Maybe you can help me with this "Grant donation" which seems to have latched on to my account

Click Spam/Junk when viewing the email and then block the sender. The mail server has to learn what is and what is not spam

Advertisement