Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best italian pizza waterford?

Options
  • 05-11-2013 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering if there's any good Italian pizzeria in Waterford?

Take out if possible, dying for a pizza!

Cheers :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Ginos is by far the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Espresso, authentic Italian pizza at it's best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Florinos down in lismore park, across from old extra vision shop. They have the traditional pizza oven an all. Some job!!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Go up to the Hyper and get a in store ready-made Lrg for €4.50 pop in the oven for 10/15 mins,depending on how crispy you want the base,best pizza in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This.

Fantastic food in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

belmisio in ardkeen has the driest saltiest pizza ive ever tried

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Emiliano's do lovely pizza, presume you can get takeaway from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i must give emilianos a try

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

Ginos......... That is all!

• Advertisement

Gino's does lovely pizzas alright but I don't think it's really authentic Italian pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

belmisio in ardkeen has the driest saltiest pizza ive ever tried

Is that good or bad? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Sopranos opposite the cinema do a mean pizza .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Sopranos opposite the cinema do a mean pizza .

Which can be combined with a pint (or bottle) of any of the extensive range in Phil Grimes pub for just a tenner. Fantastic deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

sillysocks wrote: »
    Gino's does lovely pizzas alright but I don't think it's really authentic Italian pizza!

Gino's is nice to sit in but the pizza is horrible if you take it away because you need to eat it there or then or it looses its tase very fast.

Ended up going to the cleaboy! Wow that pizza was fantastic. I think it was called a perchiuto? Chips were lovely too! :D

Cheers for the suggestions :) Must give some of the others a go soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

I recently tried the frozen stonebaked pepperoni pizza from Aldi, one of the nicest ive tasted in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Gino's is nice to sit in but the pizza is horrible if you take it away because you need to eat it there or then or it looses its tase very fast.

Ended up going to the cleaboy! Wow that pizza was fantastic. I think it was called a perchiuto? Chips were lovely too! :D

Cheers for the suggestions :) Must give some of the others a go soon!

You were looking for an authentic Italian pizza so you went to the cleaboy? Lol

Ah well at least it was nice for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I gave up my search! Was too hungry to be picky :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

well the cleaboy chipper is owned and run by italians and has been for years they also cook it in a brick oven..so how more authentic do you want ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

KevIRL wrote: »
    Which can be combined with a pint (or bottle) of any of the extensive range in Phil Grimes pub for just a tenner. Fantastic deal

I just wanted to like this a second time Tom is a lovely attentive bar man with a great knowledge and range of beers, went in for one with a buddy one night ended up having the pizza and more than one ... a lot more than one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Guinness pizza in Antichi Sopori, wont find a better pizza in Italy dont mind say around here.

Need to correct people on Ginos pizza being authentic Italian style. Its nice but no so far off Italian it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

O Riain wrote: »
    Guinness pizza in Antichi Sopori, wont find a better pizza in Italy dont mind say around here.

Need to correct people on Ginos pizza being authentic Italian style. Its nice but no so far off Italian it's ridiculous.

Ginos is more American pizza. Its still good but not antichi good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Really miss La Taverna's half pizzas during lunchtime. Parma Ham and mushroom was delicious and was very affordable.

Loved La Taverna, they had a gorgeous smoked cheese pizza. Keep meaning to check out Antichi Sopori but haven't got around to it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Deise67

ah la taverna the only time I had to send a meal back ! seriously overrated ! they then asked if I wanted to bring the meal home with me , basically implying I was scamming them pointed out if it was inedible in the restaurant it was going to be inedible @ home ! someone had a serious salt fetish ! will admit the replacement piza was nice but not surprised they closed with the attitude !

Advertisement