Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Leaving Cert Study Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭krisfoster8

Its hard to believe that the mocks are starting tomorrow, starting with English paper 2 and engineering :( .. Did other subjects this morning and hopefully I'm going to focus my revision after dinner on English and engineering..

Biology: Did exam questions on bacteria and viruses and learned about fungi and protista..

Geography: Learned the development of Dublin city essay and the development of Paris city essay..

German: Revised my intro and ending to a letter..

Okay I've done as much as I think I could have.. Tomorrows exams are out of my control now :(

Engineering: Revised question 4, Nuclear power question and question 1..

English: Revised Macbeth, comparative and poetry..

Might just look over some notes in the morning but that's it :P Good luck to anyone else who is doing mocks this week.. :)

Okay I had my English paper 2 and engineering mocks today. Both of them seemed to go quite well but I'm not expecting any unbelievable results.. Just have to wait and see :)

Tonight all that I'm going to do is:

Geography: Read over the physical essays and two of the biome essays..
    English: Look over the different types of writing..

Once tomorrow is over I will be a happy man :P

Okay so I havn't been posting as much lately because I have been very very busy :) Mocks are going really well although maths was very difficult.. Just have Irish paper 2 tomorrow evening so going to take this evening rather easy :P

Right so all of my mocks are finished and I havn't got any results yet.. I'm planning on keeping myself bust over my weeks holidays ut not going to burn myself out.. My German and Irish orals will be coming up now soon so I'm going to look over some of that stuff today.. I also might organise some of my notes for other subjects..

• Advertisement

Have a bit of extra time on my hands now so just thought I'd write a small overview of how I thought the mocks went!

English: Was very happy with the timing on both papers.. It was probably the exam that I was looking forward to the least but I wouldn't be being unrealistic if I was to say that I think I could have possibly got a B...

Irish: I do ordinary level in this and wont be counting it so just hoping to pass :)

Maths: Tough, tough paper.. I would be delighted if I passed it..

Geography: Exam went fairly well.. Timing played a factor though and I tried to stay away from any map questions as I feel that they take up too much time.. Hope to work on this for the real thing.. Hopefully I got a b in the mocks!

Engineering: As always engineering went quite well.. I didn't really push myself studying it though.. Again, I'd be happy with a b..

Biology: Average enough biology paper but I thought the experiments questions were quite difficult.. Just have to see what happens but again I'd like to get a b..

Ag Science: This was my last exam so I was fairly tired by the time it came around but hopefully got a b again as the project was worth 25% and I got 24/25% :)

Well that's it.. Just have to wait for the results now and see what happens!

Okay so I'll be continuing this thread tomorrow.. I have only got one result back from my mocks so far.. A B3 in german which I'm delighted with.. This week all I did was go over the roleplays for the german oral.. The intensity will be back next week! :)

Got all of my mock results so far except Ag science and I'm extremely happy with them..

English (H)_______C2__65pts
    Irish (O)_________B3__35pts (Not Counted)
    Maths (H)_______C3___85pts
    Engineering (H)___A1___100pts
    Geography (H)____B1___85pts
    Biology (H)_______B2___80pts
    German (H)______B3____75pts

That adds up to 490 points and hopefully when I get my ag science result I will break the 500 barrier.. I never expected to get results anywhere near as good as this in my mocks and if I opened these same results in August I would be over the moon.. :D

I did a few things this evening too..

German: Started to prepare oral by learning one of the picture sequences and the questions which I could be asked on it!

Made out my study timetables from now until June.. Cannot wait to be finished now at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

fairplay just absolutely eat the books until the exams and you'll be laughing come august

Okay, didn't get anything done yesterday because I had my geography field study day and I wasn't home until 8 o'clock.. Going to start serious study tonight without an excuse :D

• Advertisement

Okay gradually getting back to the books after the break :) Feels good :D

German: Learned 3rd picture sequence for the oral, revised the first 2 aswell.

Biology: Revised the scientific method chapter and did exam questions on it :)

Geography: Wrote out an essay on the operation of a global company (Danone)..

Geography: Wrote out environmental and economic advantages of renewable energy essay, I also wrote out a list of all of the economic essays I have wrote out and am able to do so far..

German: Learned picture sequences 4 & 5..

Biology: Learned the characteristics of life chapter :)

Okay so I got a B1 in Ag Science so that means that I got 510 in my mocks altogether :D I'm delighted with that but I've spent the last week relaxing from my mocks so now its time to get the head down again! Productive weekend ahead lads! Lets go!

Biology: Learned the food chapter..

German: Revised all picture sequence stories.. Pretty much know all 5 now :)

Biology: Learned food experiments..

Geography: Learned colonialism in Brazil essay..

German: Looked over the 5 picture sequences again :)

Yesterdays log

Engineering: Revised Q 6

Geography: Learned globalisation essay

Ag Science: Put the rest of the photoes into the project that I needed..

Todays log :)

Ag Science: Learned grassland

Engineering: Revised Q 6

German: Learned myself and family for oral & explain, future projection and opinion on issue question for oral! :P

Geography: Wrote out Urbanisation in Ireland essay and secondary in Paris basin essay..

Biology: Learned cell structure essay..

Engineering: Revised q6, finishing up portfolio..

Got a lot of Biology done today along with a few other things :D Finally getting back into the habit of studying now :D

German: Did the full 2013 tape test..

Ag Science: Revised grassland and did 4 questions on it..

Biology: Revised cell continuity and cell diversity.. Also did all exam questions on The Scientific Method, The characteristics of life, the chemicals of life (food), cell structure, cell continuity and cell diversity..

I also plan on doing some german oral revision tonight!

Had a lazyish evening after a lot of free classes today..

Biology: Corrected the exam questions I did yesterday and learned the metabolism and enzymes chapter..

German: Revised Lola Rennt, 2 picture stories and 2 roleplays..

• Advertisement

Biology: Learned the photosynthesis chapter..

German: Learned 5 picture sequences..

Okay so I need to get back into this.. I have been doing small amounts of study but because of projects and things I havn't got anything major done.. I have my maths paper 1 mock on Friday..

Yesterday I got the following finished..

Maths: I had maths grinds after school..
    Biology: Started revising the ecology chapters and started exam questions on photosynthesis..
    Ag Science: Wrote up some experiments..
    Engineering: Started to learn q5 (Welding)..

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

good luck in your oral

Got 82% in my mock German oral last week.. Had the real one today.. Feel like a load was lifted from my shoulders :D

Biology: Learned all of the ecology chapters..
    Geography: Continued my field study booklet..

Engineering: Did 2 question 4s
    Geography: Learned secondary in the Paris Basin Essay
    Biology: Started the Ecology Exam questions

Maths: Revised integration with a youtube video..
    Biology: Continued ecology exam questions..
    Engineering: Did 3 more Q 4s..
    Geography: Learned tertiary in paris basin essay..

Forgot to fill this in yesterday..

Biology: Finished ecology exam questions..
    Geography: Learned secondary in India..
    Maths: Started algebra revision qs..

Biology: Started learning genetics chapter..
    Ag Science: Finished writting up experiments..
    Geography: Finished the field study book..
    Maths: Continued algebra questions..
    German: Did a comprehension..

Biology: Finished studying genetics..
    India: Revised physical essay..
    German: Learned letter beginning and ending and started to do a letter question :)

• Advertisement

Okay so good start to the Easter study :)

Geography: Learned physical in India, primary in India and Secondary in India..
    Biology: Finished genetics questions, learned variation and evolution chapter and the genetic engineering chapter.. I also did the exam questions on variation and evolution and genetic engineering..

Going to be another productive day tomorrow hopefully :)

Advertisement