Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffolding problem

Options
  • 05-11-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi everyone, just looking for advice on a situation. I am currently living in an apartment, there are 2 entrances from a courtyard and there was scaffolding erected in the courtyard which is blocking both entrances.

There was no notice given about the scaffolding being put up, the builders just turned up one morning while I was out and they were up when I got back. I have to crawl under the scaffolding to get into the apartment, which is even more annoying as the courtyard isn't lit at night.

I'm just wondering a few things, should I have been given notice about the scaffolding in reasonable time? Do the builders have any obligation to not block entrances? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

My first priority would be to check your fire escape routes. If they're blocked by the scaffolding, ring the local fire authority and let them know.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

markpb wrote: »
    My first priority would be to check your fire escape routes. If they're blocked by the scaffolding, ring the local fire authority and let them know.
    I hadn't even considered that. I'll definitely report that to them in the morning, all exits, windows, etc require squeezing past the scaffolding in some way. Thanks for the reply!

Advertisement