Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transport options to cabinteely

Options
  • 05-11-2013 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
    I was wondering does any1 know what my best options would be to commute to the Bank of Ireland operations centre in Cabinteely from Heuston station?
    I don't think the luas green line goes that far.
    not having much luck from what i have researched so far as I don't know the bus stop numbers or number of the buses that go there.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

the 145 goes from Heuston to right outside BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

Brilliant,Thank You.I assume it would take 45 mins or so to get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

About that, depending on traffic and time of day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

howyanow wrote: »
    Brilliant,Thank You.I assume it would take 45 mins or so to get there.

Could take you an hour during peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The luas actually is still an option but its a good bit of a walk to cabinteely village. You would get off at laughanstown here
    https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=luas+green+line+lehaunstown&hl=en&ll=53.251565,-6.153744&spn=0.003877,0.009972&safe=off&t=h&z=18

The 145 would be faster, it actually takes the luas ages to get out that far, after sandyford it goes all over the place.

If there was a bus strike or snow or something it might be useful. Plenty of 145s too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

46c still moochin about?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

46c is no longer.

145 is the only option to Cabinteely village from the city centre.

I would not recommend the LUAS at all as:
    1) It is too slow
    2) Access to Laughanstown is along a narrow lane with no footpaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

lxflyer wrote: »
    2) Access to Laughanstown is along a narrow lane with no footpaths.
    Good point. I have only go up there on a bike. That would be the only way I would consider taking the luas as standard would be to have an old banger of a bike locked up there and cycle up & down each day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

gone be the days of the45, 46d,46c and 63 all poppin you into town, and the phantom 7b

Advertisement