Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help for Xmas

• 05-11-2013 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

This is going to sound a bit strange but bear with me. 9 year old in the house has just dropped off his santa list and one of the very few things on the list is he would like a wish, his wish being that pokémon were real....

ANY ideas of what could be done with this!? He has the latest games, plenty of the toys, I have been investigating something along the lines of an oculus Rift version of the game but I'd need a rift for that. Hoping some random thoughts from you guys may lead me to some better ideas?

Cheers guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

you're right, that sounds weird

You could print up a giant AR marker or 2 for use with the 3ds pokedex? That would let you take 3d photos of your kid with pikachu :)

Otherwise

Mouse + yellow paint+ battery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Sizeable rodent + Tin of yellow and red spraypaint = either a satisfied kid, or a animal cruelty charge.

It's the latter, definitely the latter.

No, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I actually do like the sound of the giant AR markers :) I'll have a look at that.

Not so keen on the painting rodents. But thanks for the suggestions :)

Please feel free to add anything else :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

With regard to giant AR markers, with the bundled AR Cards it was definitely a case of the bigger the card the bigger the representation in the camera (there was a video of Miyamoto with a lifesize Mii and giant AR card I think...), not sure if that holds for the Pokemon AR Markers, definitely check it out before you invest anything.

Take him to his first cock fight. Pay one of the "trainers" to wear a baseball cap and shout "Fluffykins - Use Aerial ace! Look out! Dodge it! Now! Use Riphisf***ingthroatout!" etc etc. Then buy him a little chick or a bulldog pup to raise himself.

Can you get a statue of Zen Mode Darmanitan? By the time he realises that he can't coax him back to life with a Wham Bar, he'll be discovering drink and girls (that's right, these days it happens when they're 11) so you'll be off the hook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just tell him Santa can't make videogame characters real.

Then you and the missus can cosplay as Ditto and Feebas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd suggest a letter from Santa which states that while he sadly cannot make Pokemon real as not everyone would like that, he can instead help him enjoy to enjoy the world around him more.

Perhaps you could him get a fishing rod and take him fishing somewhere to catch a few things. Or maybe take him camping and allow him to see some of the wildlife. The idea being: the creatures in our world are just as impressive as the fictional ones etc. Even if he doesn't appreciate that now, one day he would appreciate the effort I'm sure.

I'd be tempted to also suggest perhaps a little dog that you call Growlithe or a little cat that you call Meowth but they say not to give those things for Christmas and perhaps you have these things anyway!

Best of luck with whatever you do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

There you go OP, now your child's wish doesn't seen so difficult to grant does it? Pikachu on the other hand... Might make for a destroyed Xmas tree :P

Just get in touch with Zach King!

Advertisement