Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile 4G

Options
  • 05-11-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am currently an emobile customer and relatively happy with the network and bill plan.

I have a question about 4G though. Looking at the bill pay plans available, it looks like that you need a specific 4G plan to access the 4G network. Do emobile plan to offer the 4G service to existing customers on a non 4G contract in the future?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Hello,

I am currently an emobile customer and relatively happy with the network and bill plan.

I have a question about 4G though. Looking at the bill pay plans available, it looks like that you need a specific 4G plan to access the 4G network. Do emobile plan to offer the 4G service to existing customers on a non 4G contract in the future?

Thanks
    They don't offer anything to existing customers. I tried to get 4g and have basically got the run around. I rang 1901, they told me to go to a store. Went to the store they gave me new sim card and told me to ring 1901. When i did that they told me I cant change as im in a contract. 

Their plan is ridiculous anyway, it has a 5gb limit. So you end up paying more for less data. Its unlimited until 2014 but after that you have fast internet with a crappy 5gb limit. I dont think eircom realize that anyone looking for the high speed of 4g will be interested in streaming video and audio and 5 gb willl be gone in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Packet

At least 15GB as on the previous unlimited plan - crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I just spoke with some one in customer care, they claimed that all existing customers will have access to 4G on bill pay as long as you have the 4G sim, LTE phone and obviously coverage.

Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I just spoke with some one in customer care, they claimed that all existing customers will have access to 4G on bill pay as long as you have the 4G sim, LTE phone and obviously coverage.

Hmmm.
    Yh that's what their advertising but when you go to change you need the infamous 4g plan that costs twice as much and decreases your data limit by 10 gb per month. 

It will probably take you a couple of trips to their stores and being hung up on by 1901 a few time before you get this information. So maybe this post  should be stickied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hello,

Thanks
    At the moment we do not have any information around future plans charlie_says, however we will post any information on this here as soon as we receive this.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement