Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any (would-be) amateur astronomers/enthusiasts in the area?

Options
  • 06-11-2013 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Just doing some sleuthing,but I'd like to know if there are any (would-be) amateur astronomers, or even anyone simply interested in astronomy, in the Waterford and Wexford area?

Thanks,

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreddfan

yes i d love to know more i love the night sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Thanks for the reply Dreddfan, there is a club sleeping down there (Dungarven/Waterford City) and they're trying to see if there might be a wider audience they don't know about to keep going for.

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

would you need your own telescope, any chance you could give a bit more info on this. Is there many involved. where do they base themselves. I would be interested too.

would you need your own telescope, any chance you could give a bit more info on this. Is there many involved. where do they base themselves. I would be interested too.

Hi there,

The Deise AS group met in Waterford City and sometimes Dungarvan (among other locations), but they appear to be falling dormant. Some of their committee members are still around, and (while I myself am not from the region) we are trying to see if we can gauge interest on placed like this site, to kickstart it again.

And no, you would not need a telescope to join - just a healthy interest in the hobby in general will suffice!

Seanie.

Some interest in a thread I also started on the same subject here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057076871

Seanie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement