Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any (would-be) amateur astronomers/enthusiasts in the area?

Options
  • 06-11-2013 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Just doing some sleuthing,but I'd like to know if there are any (would-be) amateur astronomers, or even anyone simply interested in astronomy, in the Waterford and Wexford area?

Thanks,

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Im not an astronomer, or an amateur one at that. but i have always had an interest in astronomy.

Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Im not an astronomer, or an amateur one at that. but i have always had an interest in astronomy.

Wexford.

Then you *might* be called a sub-amateur astronomer! If you spend any time looking up at the night sky, for meteors and satellites, or with a telescope at the Moon, planets and beyond, then you're an astronomer. If you enjoy it, all the better!

Have a look at this thread I also started in the Astronomy and Space forum with a little more interest in the topic:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057076871

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RustyRobo

I would be very interested in the astronomy that I can view by eye - or with optical assistance - from my light pollution free garden and Curracloe beach. I also know that many others would love to know what they see, even if they are shy to display their lack of knowledge as to what they are looking at.

Please don't loose heart. Keep this thread going. We need to "out" the closet astronomers that are all around us.

"Hi, my name is Richard and I love looking at the sky"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Hi Richard! Glad to see you're coming out too. :-P

There appears to be interest growing for a Wexford-based club.

Have a look here on the iFAS site:
    http://www.irishastronomy.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=41&id=99342&Itemid=40#99351

and the aforementioned boards.ie post above.

Seanie.

Advertisement