Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Flannery support act Casey Black

Options
  • 06-11-2013 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

So Mick Flannery has been touring Ireland lately and has had this chap Casey Black from Nashville opening for him. I saw them in Clonakilty a couple of weekends ago and from the moment Casey Black strummed the guitar and began to sing i was hooked!

Picked up his album after the gig and have had it on repeat since! Amazing singer, songwriter and from meeting him afterwards seems a really good genuine guy.

Hes got that deep gravelly voice where one moments it Cash-esque and then its Springsteen-esque. Almost a mashup of County, folk and a bit of rock thrown in.

Anyways it was a class gig with Mick inviting Casey on stage for the end of the show. Mick was class as always but Casey may have stolen the show from him a little bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw them in Coughlins, was an amazing gig from both lads. Hopefully Casey gets back again.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He's been supporting him for a while.

I was at the last every good in the thatch, rahan, where mick played and casey was support. That was back at the start of the year iirc. I was well impressed by Casey too

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Casey is back supporting Mick at his shows in May and Casey is also doing some solo shows.
    http://www.caseyblackmusic.com/shows/

Met Casey in Dingle last year when we went to see them both. Very nice guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gonna grab tickets for the Limerick show I think, the Pav seems sold out and won't make it to De Barra's. Will probably head to Casey's show in Coughlins too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

just bought tics for their galway gig in the roisin dubh, should be good :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Casey supporting Mick on 12th and 13th plus a solo gig on 14th in Wexford town. Going to be a great few nights in Wexford.

Advertisement