Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter Cyclists Documentary

Options
  • 06-11-2013 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi People,

New to boards and thought it would be a good place to get ideas. I'm a student studying a TV production course and I'm thinking of doing my project on the topic of Commuter Cycling. I am pretty much a full time cyclist doing close to 100 kilometers of commuting to college and work every week, but drive as well to cover long distances. As both a driver and cyclist I've seen (and I confess to doing) the do's and don'ts from both parties.

I'd like to see what people think of this idea and what it should it cover.
    Examples could be: Rules of the roads, cyclists vs. motorists, cycling lanes, new laws etc. looking forward to some good feedback.

Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Where do you cycle? I cycle and drive regularly in Dublin but I don't know what it's like cycling in other parts of the countries.

One thing that would definitely be worth covering, and it's discussed to death on here, is the state of the cylcing infrastructure in Dublin, it's poorly maintained, poorly planned and poorly laid out. Where it's safe and comfortable to use them I do but I refuse to cycle in to potholes when there's a perfectly good road beside it! Prime example would be the cycle track along the N11 from Donnybrook to the Radisson hotel in both directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

I think it would be interesting to look at the relationships between Cyclists, Pedestrians and Motorists. How they perceive each other's behaviour and why they feel the way they do. what do the different groups think of each other and is there any truth to the opinions?

the Cycling forum here is very active on the topic of commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DaveyQ

Hi Guys, I'm from Dublin and cycling to college is only a 2-3km journey but work is a 10km trip through the city centre so I know the pain we have to go through. I've considered both the cycling lanes and the behaviour between cyclists and motorists. It is good to get feedback and wonder that if this project goes through would you consider maybe being part of an interview? Thanks, David.

@Valentine1: by the way, tried to get cyclists views on the cycling forum and got banned... pretty stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Yeah, I'm a commuting cyclist (middle aged woman). There's a fair few of us, but no room at the inn for us! I'll complain about other cyclists too as there is no mercy for the unspeedy here.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement